Speculation: Whom do you think is number 1:top 5 ?

Oi'll say!

Read this now!
Nov 18, 2002
Oil in 9
Visit site
I really don't want it to end up being Eberle considering that we've had 3 first round picks but when it comes down to it he's pretty damn hard to beat and I worry a lot about injuries with RNH and Hall.

Yakupov has been fairly quiet from what I've seen when he has been matched up against elite teams, I think I'd pick Schultz #2 if I had to bet.

In terms of highest ceiling I go with RNH hands down but IMO Eberle is already a finished product, elite nhl forward.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I would say Smid. We need a guy exaclty like him. Hemsky i love, but, he is redundant now. Gagner I also love, but agian, enough forwards. Smid is the piece we don't have another of at the moment.

this is a good point... i would either say smid or petry, for the same reasons you mentioned above... possibly even klefbom, if he turns out as good as some think he will

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Hard to say because they are all so different. I would probably rank RNH #1 though.

RNH - The most skilled forward on the team. Has the checking skills to be an elite two-way center. Runs a lethal PP

Hall - Mr intangible. His balls to the wall style really puts the defense on it's heels and tilts the ice in our favour which helps the whole team. RNH is the best player at making the other 4 guys on the ice dangerous. Hall is the best player at making the other 17 guys on the team better.

Yakupov - Probably the highest point potential of all our forwards.

Eberle - The ultimate complimentary player. I don't think he can carry a line the way the other 3 can, but you can literally put him on any line and not have to worry about chemistry problems. Smart enough to adapt his game to all of his line-mates

Schultz - By far the most talented dman in our system.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
this is a good point... i would either say smid or petry, for the same reasons you mentioned above... possibly even klefbom, if he turns out as good as some think he will

I would say Petry as well. Smid at this point is what he is. Petry has another gear IMO. If he continues to develop the mental side of the game, he will be special. The physical tools are all there.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB

Ya, worth starting another thread about, Smid, Petry, and Klefbom would be 6,7,8. now sure what order though. Gags and Marincin would follow that.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
In terms of value, its RNH, with him being our only #1 center and all, but based on how GOOD they will be, its Hall AINEC, you can see how Hall makes our whole team better when he is in the line up. He also is the future captain. But in terms of points I think it is:
RNH
Yakupov
Hall
Eberle
Schultz

t0psh3lfclu7ch

Real Men Have Scars
Aug 8, 2011
Winnipeg
so you all think that eberle will just start sucking one day and turn into horcoff? or do you all think that the other 4 will just evolve into better players than eberle? that would be sick but not possible..

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Right now:
Eberle
RNH
Schultz
Hall
Yakupov

4 years from now:
RNH
Yakupov
Schultz
Hall
Eberle

All that said Hall is the guy I'd put out in the final minutes, with Eberle :D

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
so you all think that eberle will just start sucking one day and turn into horcoff? or do you all think that the other 4 will just evolve into better players than eberle? that would be sick but not possible..

Ebs with around 75 pts.. Nuge over ppg and playing bigger role (c).

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
It's a lot like looking for the biggest piece of a gold in a sauce-pan full of it.

For now, I feel Hall is the best player and RNH is the most important.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->