Who....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
I just don't care who is responsible any more. This lockout is bull****.
I am so tired of hearing both of the NHL and the NHLPA tell us how it is the others fault, I say it takes two to tango.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Owners Owners and Owners. Or should I say less then a 1/3 of the owners and bettman.

But you also have to remember that the owners voted to expand the last CBA twice, mostly because they all wanted the expansion money, even the big markets who are now essentially being locked out by some of the smaller markets.

TOGLIATTI

Apr 23, 2004
MI
---------------------------------------------------------------

You can debate about the players being greedy, and look at all the money they have. But it is all very simple to me at least. The owners have the power. If they had shown restraint in their spending and stayed within their own budgets instead of spending out of control, we would not be here now. They themselves bid the market prices up. The owners need to realize that the buck stops with them. They own the teams. They are the ones who need a cap. And I think the players have some right to feel the way they do. The owners are shoving all the blame onto them. I am not saying that some of the players are not in excess. But we all need to step back here and look at who has the reins. The owners did it to themselves. I don’t think a deal will get done until they look at themselves and take some of the blame and say, look, we overspent ourselves in the past, lets sit down and look how we can stay within budget in the future. And if the only way they can do that is to have a cap, then so be it. Be they need to acknowledge that they overspent. It’s very simple to me.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Owners. And not those small market guys like Nichols, Cohen or Leopold but those asses Snider, Tanenbaum, Illitch, Dolan, etc who caused the current economic problems. Without these buffons we wouldn't need a hard cap.

MagnusJondus

Great Merican Hero
Mar 25, 2002
Ben Avon Hts, PA
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Owners Owners and Owners. Or should I say less then a 1/3 of the owners and bettman.
If memory serves, wasn't Bettman undermined by big ownership in 1994? Hard to blame him (though a myriad of other issues (on-ice, expansion) could be pointed at him.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad