who would you take at 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
If I'm the Thrashers GM I would take Thelen, then Wolski but not a goalie (Lehtonen is definitely going to be one of the best goalies in the NHL). Instead I would look for a playmaker center for Kovalchuk and Heatley (Schremp).

dunwoody_joe

Mar 16, 2002
atlanta
Visit site
Fighter is spot on.

I think the Thrashers take:
1. Thelan, if available (he'll be gone),
2. No goalie with the 1st round pick,
3. One of Wolski (I think too risky but seems that DW likes his potential) or Picard (scoring winger) or Stafford (well rounded winger) or Schremp (risky playmaker--probably already gone),
4. Trade down a couple spots to allow someone to grab the first goalie ahead of LA.

I would select: Picard.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
Vlad The Impaler said:
Maybe I'm weird, but I'd wait to see who are the nine players taken before the tenth pick before taking a decision.

I agree with Vlad (both that he is weird and his point)
Look at the mock drafts and some of the speculation, everything is different. It's hard to say who will even be available at 10. Depending on the draft, all the players mentioned could be gone. That's what's up with this draft, after the first 2-3 picks, it's really a crapshoot from pick #4-#20.
Even team's needs aren't for sure. For example: Atlanta
The Hockey News says the Thrashers may lean towards a blueliner, meanwhile TSN says a playmaking center is their top interest. Finally, Hockey's Future says the organization lacks character players and defensive depth.
It's hard to say, that's what's making this draft so interesting, as there will be plenty of surprises

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Vlad The Impaler said:
Maybe I'm weird, but I'd wait to see who are the nine players taken before the tenth pick before taking a decision.

I know but the guy throw three possibilities, I ranked them ;)

CH Wizard

at 10 I will pick LAdd but I dont think he will be available if not I wll pick Shremp

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
thegreatone said:
at 10 I will pick LAdd but I dont think he will be available if not I wll pick Shremp

Ladd won't drop past #6. And I think Schremp goes in the top 9.

I say Picard and if he drops past 10 then it's a huge steal.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
RDriesen said:
who would you take at 10, wolski or thelan, or a goalie

Ah, are you serious? I need to know who is taken between 1-9 if I'm even going to guess, but for the sake of your post, if I had to choose between those 2 I would take Wolski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad