Who would you rather have....Staal or Parise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Ryderama said:
Staal... He'll win games by himself.

Parise is good, of course, but not as complete as player as Staal is...
That part is wrong. Staal is miles ahead in offense and size but I would take Parise defensivly.

CH Wizard

Habs dont need another smallish center.Staal all the way !

AgentNaslund*

Parice is real good, but Staal in a hearbeat. 50 points in 40 games in the AHL as a 20 year old, speaks for itself, the AHL in my mind, is the hardest pro leauge to play in, and hes making it look like a walk in the park.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Staal for sure. He's alot bigger and I think he will put up more points in NHL. Plus if you have one of the Staal's the rest of the family might want to come play with their big bro. Imagine 3 Staal's on your team.

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
I'm the biggest Parise fan in the world and I pick Staal.

He's just too complete of a player.

espo*

I'm gonna say Parise,i just love the guys intangibles. Every time i've seen him play he finds a way to beat you....he's a winner and just has good ole hockey sense that's difficult to teach.Both will be damn good pros but there is just something a little bit extra with Parise to me.I'm in the minority here and i understand why but i just like his play. I may end up looking foolish but i have hunches and i usually don't deny them.

Sticky*

Til the End of Time said:
The answer is Mr. Underrated, Eric Staal.

I agree. Seems funny to say underrated about a 2nd overall pick, but he just doesnt seem to get the recognition. Absolutely ripping up the AHL. Its been awhile since ive seen a kid with this much offensive talent and potential pay this much attention to defense and neutral zone pressure, espicially at this age. And he's been playing like this since he was 16. It isnt suprising to hear that players that played against him in the OHL all state that Eric Staal was the absolute best player in the league for his last two years, even though Corey Locke was ripping up the league. The best compliments come from your peers, talk to anyone that played against him. They all say that he is the hardest player to play against becuase he just doesnt make mistakes.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Staal by a mile....those comparisons to Modano are just too good to pass up.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Defenitely Staal, Parise is just getting way to pumped up on here. They arent even close imho.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Parise is going to be an excelent player, no doubt about that.

But comparing him to Staal is beyond unfair, Eric is the complete package and is already showing what he's capable of at the AHL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->