Who would you like the captain of Team Canada to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemsky is a gangsta

Hemsky is a gangsta
Jun 23, 2004
re

Sakic...there are alot of guys who are 'good leaders' (or so I hear from TSN and the papers) but are younger. "Respect your elders" comes into play

Kenadyan

Jul 23, 2003
Asheboro, NC
Visit site
Joe Sakic. After the way he played in the 2002 Olympics, he showed that he really is the leader of the team on the ice. However, I agree with most that it will probably be Mario.

This is how I would guess the captaincy's will be set:

Mario Lemieux (C)
Joe Sakic (A)
Rob Blake (A), or
Adam Foote (A) --> if Blake is unable to play

BTW -- not a Avs fan, these just make sense when looking at the roster and the player's respective ages.

Phanuthier*

Two odd ball names I'll throw out is Ryan Smyth and Jarome Iginla (for A's) in the mix with Adam Foote and such

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Kenadyan said:
Joe Sakic. After the way he played in the 2002 Olympics, he showed that he really is the leader of the team on the ice. However, I agree with most that it will probably be Mario.

This is how I would guess the captaincy's will be set:

Mario Lemieux (C)
Joe Sakic (A)
Rob Blake (A), or
Adam Foote (A) --> if Blake is unable to play

BTW -- not a Avs fan, these just make sense when looking at the roster and the player's respective ages.

Lemieux (C)
Sakic (A)
Iginla (A)

Vic Rattlehead*

Sakic deserves the C. He was our MVP at the last olympics, and I feel that he should be the captain this year. Lemieux and Blake(if healthy) should get the A's

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
19bruins19 said:
Sakic deserves the C. He was our MVP at the last olympics, and I feel that he should be the captain this year. Lemieux and Blake(if healthy) should get the A's

100% agree !!

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I'd definitely give captaincy to Joe Sakic.

I would designate 3 "A".

1)Jarome Iginla
2)Scott Niedermayer
3)Ryan Smyth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->