Who would like to take part in a fantasy draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringGilmourBack

Sep 1, 2003
BuppY said:
I think we should protect 3 players if it's 1-30, 1-30 and it's from 1st team enterted in the NHL to last. That seems to be fair teams like my team, columbus are at a real disadvantage. We protect 2 NHL players and 1prospect.

well, we could end up doing a "snake draft , depending on what people want.

BringGilmourBack

Sep 1, 2003
We'll also have a time limit on the picks so we won't be waiting forever. We'll decide the time limit later. If a person does miss their pick, the following round they can pick twice, to make up for it. Sound fair?

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Vedder19 said:
I say, and this is just me. We do it in order of which I proposed (the order would be based on the order in which they came into the league) We have 24 rounds, roughly 14 forwards, 7 defensemen and 3 goaltenders. I think we should exclude this years draft (so no Crosby). I'd prefer to do the order 1-30, 1-3-, but if the majority rules, we can do it 1-30, 30-1. And everyone is available, no protected players. We'll create an organzation from scratch! SO WHO'S WITH ME!

Sorry, gotta lil' carried away there

I Say man, this is your idea. I'm fine with whatever you decide. My opinion is that your original idea was best, however, I can see why expansion franchises are saying the snake draft is fair.

I think you need to just make a post stating what the rules are and thats that.

BringGilmourBack

Sep 1, 2003
Cup4Wings said:
I Say man, this is your idea. I'm fine with whatever you decide. My opinion is that your original idea was best, however, I can see why expansion franchises are saying the snake draft is fair.

I think you need to just make a post stating what the rules are and thats that.

Cool, I'll take that in to consideration and get back to you. Sounds good, cause that is how I envisioned it. I just would like participation and do not want to alienate anyone

Feb 24, 2004
Either way is a good idea. I'll take the Flyers or if they're taken, the Blackhawks, or if both of those are gone, the Coyotes.

jacketracket*

Looks like Columbus is still available ... I'll take them.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Vedder19 said:
Hypothetically speaking of course, if the NHL disbanded and were to be redistributed who would be interested in drafting a team from scratch. (just for fun) We would probably need at least 30 people (1 for each team as to represent their GM) I would like to take the reigns of the Toronto Maple Leafs. And when we have enough people we can discuss how the draft will be conducted. I suggest (but this is just me) that we base it on the year that the team entered the NHL. So the original 6 would have the advantage obviously.

Any takers?

I would be happy to be the Avs' GM.

BringGilmourBack

Sep 1, 2003
I believe Kmad has dropped out so the position for Philadelphia's GM is available if anyone would like to change or grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad