Who would like to take part in a fantasy draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mytor4*

i know you started this draft but here is a ideal. why not wait till you get all your gm's then on your own put all the teams in a hat and draw the names out. first out =first pick and so on that would make it fair for all and i'm sure all will trust what you say is the order that you picked. just a thought not trying to run anything or take over. ps it should be snake style to be fair to all.

mytor4*

snake draft=1 to 30 than 30 to 1 than 1 to 30 and so on if it went back to 1[1to 30
1 to 30 --1to 30] than first pick would have to much of an advantage in every round. snake draft helps create pairity.

BringGilmourBack

Sep 1, 2003
mytor4 said:
i know you started this draft but here is a ideal. why not wait till you get all your gm's then on your own put all the teams in a hat and draw the names out. first out =first pick and so on that would make it fair for all and i'm sure all will trust what you say is the order that you picked. just a thought not trying to run anything or take over. ps it should be snake style to be fair to all.

What we could do is get all the gms lined up than have a vote. Sound good. I'm open to what ever the majority would want

BringGilmourBack

Sep 1, 2003
Hercules Rockefeller said:
I'll take Anaheim.

Also, is that list the order in which we draft, or just which teams are available?

That is the order of the draft. It is based on the year that they came into the league. I'd like to do it in that order but if people would rather me throw names in hat than so be it. I'm game. I would also prefer to do 1-30, than 1-30, BUT, if people would rather do a snake draft 1-30,30-1, than I am game for that as well. We might as well all be happy. We'll have a vote after we have all the GM's and majority rules. This sounds like it's gonna be fun guys.
Cheers

katodelder

Apr 22, 2004
concerning how to do the draft order, if you are in fact taking a loose 'vote' among us:

My first choice would be to go in the order that teams came into the league as the originator of this thread suggested.

My second choice would be the ability to protect a bunch (7-8) of players on your team and then use Bettman's ping-pong ball scenario to draft all the rest, as has been rumored to happen once the real NHL resumes.

My third choice would be a completely random draft order of all players, no weighted lottery, no protected list.

In any case, I would like to:
-- include 2005 draft elligibles in this fantasy draft.
-- use a 1-30, 30-1 snake order.

BringGilmourBack

Sep 1, 2003
I say, and this is just me. We do it in order of which I proposed (the order would be based on the order in which they came into the league) We have 24 rounds, roughly 14 forwards, 7 defensemen and 3 goaltenders. I think we should exclude this years draft (so no Crosby). I'd prefer to do the order 1-30, 1-3-, but if the majority rules, we can do it 1-30, 30-1. And everyone is available, no protected players. We'll create an organzation from scratch! SO WHO'S WITH ME!

Sorry, gotta lil' carried away there

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
I think we should protect 3 players if it's 1-30, 1-30 and it's from 1st team enterted in the NHL to last. That seems to be fair teams like my team, columbus are at a real disadvantage. We protect 2 NHL players and 1prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->