Who would have had the better year?

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
I hate talking about things that could/would have happened, but just for fun...

Who would have finished with a better full year (assuming this years regular season is over):

12-13 Eric Staal: 53 points - 18 g 35a 48 games

19-20 S. Aho: 66 points - 38 g 28a 68 games

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Well for goals I don’t think there’s any question that Seabass was going to be in the mid 40s with a very outside chance of getting close to 50. However he probably stays around PPG overall

Staal and Semin were nuts that year so he probably hits 90 points but maybe 30-35 goals.

Is the goal differential enough to bridge the gap in points? I’ll say yes, but it’s close.

Reactions: DaveG and djboos22

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
Well for goals I don’t think there’s any question that Seabass was going to be in the mid 40s with a very outside chance of getting close to 50. However he probably stays around PPG overall

Staal and Semin were nuts that year so he probably hits 90 points but maybe 30-35 goals.

Is the goal differential enough to bridge the gap in points? I’ll say yes, but it’s close.

With 14 games left and with how Aho was playing, he would have been very close to 50. I think he would have had more than 45.

I think Aho would have ended up around 80 and Staal with 90 as you said.

I would also give the edge to Aho having the better year being ended early.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

I'm not convinced Eric would have hit 30 even though straight scaling of his rate to 82 games would come out to 30. IIRC, as the team struggled into the last month of the season and Eric's goal scoring really tailed off that last month. The D was in shambles with lots of injuries, Skinner was out with another concussion so there was no other offensive threat than Tlusty/Semin/Staal. I recall a bunch of people complaining about his lack of effort in the last month or so, and not playing both ends, etc....As we found, Tlusty's scoring wasn't sustainable either.

Of course, it's 100% conjecture as we'll never know for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad