Who would Crosby pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
If I were him, Id goto a city that is a hockey town. Detroit, Montreal and Toronto.
And could fork over the money he wants, yet again Toronto, Detroit, Philly, NewYork, Colorado.

Also with the Leafs / Wings / Avs low on prospects/ good young players they'll be even more interested.

In the good of the game, I'd like him to goto a team like Carolina and maybe spark some interest there.. Like Lemieux in Pittsburgh.

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
PepNCheese said:
Let's say there is no draft, and Crosby is legally allowed to declare himself an unrestricted free agent.

Where do you think he goes, and why?

Canadian team for sure, or American?

Oh Boy, looks like Peppy is starting to sweat a bit at the fact that Crosby might end up with the Habs. Judging from some of the posts in this thread and on the Leafs board on this topic, you guys are either in complete denial or completely scared that Crosby has a pretty good chance of ending up in Montreal if he does become a UFA.

IF he is declared a UFA, considering the fact that he will have no other choice but to play for a rookie cap (regardless of when the new CBA gets agreed on), the probability is great that he will go with his heart and stay close to home by going to Montreal. As far as endorsements go, its not like he can't make endorsement dollars while in Montreal, one of the marquee franchises in the NHL. If he is a big enough star, the dollars will follow, regardless of where he is playing.

Having said all that, I doubt Bettman and his gang will allow the most hyped prospect in 20 years and his entire draft class to become UFA's right under their noses. There are too many precedants that will deny this in any court proceedings as well.

Last edited:

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
Leafaholix said:
There's no reason to think Sidney wouldn't play in Toronto.

Yet, you seem to be convinced that he will not go to Montreal from what you posted on the Leafs board.

How Pavlovian of you !

You must really be in tune with what Sidney is thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->