Who would come off looking worse ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
John Flyers Fan said:
If the deal ends up being what everyone in the media said it would ... hard cap at $45 or 46 million, who comes off looking worse:

Bettman and the BoG

Goodenow & the NHLPA

Both look equally bad

Obviously Bettman for cancelling the season and having to come back out and uncancel it.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Jobu said:
Obviously Bettman for cancelling the season and having to come back out and uncancel it.
No. Bettman would look foolish keeping a cancelled season. Goodenow looks foolish for coming to Bettman AFTER the fact.

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
futurcorerock said:
No. Bettman would look foolish keeping a cancelled season. Goodenow looks foolish for coming to Bettman AFTER the fact.

The NHL is the party who apparently called for the meetings. That looks even worse.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
I think 'foolish' is rather a polite word. None of these two will come out of this looking good and I wouldn't be surprised if they were pushed aside once the dust has settled.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
I still think neither them can completely shake off how they've looked leading up to this. Goodenow looks so bad I doubt he'll ever get his reputation back, and it looks like he's probably lost the respect of a lot, if not most, of the players. Bettman is a hero to some, but I still can't forgive him for the way he carried this whole thing out. He's been just as bad as Goodenow, IMO. And if cancelling the season was just a negotiating tactic, I can't respect the way he's toying with the fans. But frankly, if they save the season and award a 2005 Stanley Cup, all is forgiven. I'll leave all the bitterness behind as soon as the season starts up again. But they better start it back up.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
John Flyers Fan said:
If the deal ends up being what everyone in the media said it would ... hard cap at $45 or 46 million, who comes off looking worse:

Bettman and the BoG

Goodenow & the NHLPA

Both look equally bad

None of the above. In my book, both look great. I won't give a good god damn as long as we have hockey.

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
darkboy said:
I still think neither them can completely shake off how they've looked leading up to this. Goodenow looks so bad I doubt he'll ever get his reputation back, and it looks like he's probably lost the respect of a lot, if not most, of the players. Bettman is a hero to some, but I still can't forgive him for the way he carried this whole thing out. He's been just as bad as Goodenow, IMO. And if cancelling the season was just a negotiating tactic, I can't respect the way he's toying with the fans. But frankly, if they save the season and award a 2005 Stanley Cup, all is forgiven. I'll leave all the bitterness behind as soon as the season starts up again. But they better start it back up.

I don't know, how would you look when facing Goodenow who's not offering a thing but "no" to any and every kind of proposition you make?

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Captain Conservative said:
None of the above. In my book, both look great. I won't give a good god damn as long as we have hockey.
They both lost their chance to look great loooooooooooooooong ago.

They still both look equally bad, IMO. The lack of negociations this whole time, by both sides, is completely unacceptable. Not saying one side won't win, but they still both look bad.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
John Flyers Fan said:

Bettman and the BoG

Goodenow & the NHLPA

Both look equally bad
It was/is like Dumb and Dumber and not sure which is which !!!!

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
flyers guy said:
They both lost their chance to look great loooooooooooooooong ago.

They still both look equally bad, IMO. The lack of negociations this whole time, by both sides, is completely unacceptable. Not saying one side won't win, but they still both look bad.

I realize that the general public will **** all over both sides, but I don't care about the general public. I also don't care about the business side of things. All I care is that I will get to watch hockey again.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
jtuzzi21 said:
Goodenow, easily. Bettman has openly suggested he was willing to move off his number.

The owners wouldn't let Bettman move his number

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
go kim johnsson said:
The owners wouldn't let Bettman move his number
Reveille! said:
The owners were the ones who were pissed off at Bettman for issuing that memo saying he wouldn't move off of it...
There's a chance you're both right. There were probably owners in both categories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad