• Thread starter joe_shannon_1983*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
ferns8916 said:
And what type of playbook would that be?

Pass it to Kessel, and then he skates around until he finds an open man to pass it to while the rest of his team watches?

bingo!!

in a tournament that has seen a lot of penalties (legitimate or not) , to hamper your best chance of scoring with lack of movement and the obvious nature of their intentions will be their downfall

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Seamus O' Toole said:
everytime the crowd boos ... the better the boys play ... US 3 Russia 1

You think the Canadian croiwd will boo the US more than Russia?

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
I dislike this thread. Everytime when level is close and one side is ahead of other for some reasons (like 4 games in 5 days for USA this time) and win has to be easy walk we have big TROUBLES if not lose :dunno: It will be close game, if we will fly 2 periods and will not provide too much PP time then we will have advantage in the 3rd and can make differece, like it was year ago, otherwise - no!

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Rush5Collapse5 said:
Don't remind me :cry:

Their potential saving grace is Russia's supposed "Achilles Heel" is between the pipes, and Schneider's play thus far has made Frazee a bystander on the pine.

Taking nothing away from Schnieder, because he has been very good - Frazee would be riding the pine on a lot of CHL teams, let alone a WJHC contender.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Should be a fun game to watch. I hope the US side has legs, but with the way they've been riding the top group of five (the Bourque-Kessel-Oshie line, Johnson & Johnson) fatigue is a distinct possibility. Would be nice to see some other players stepping up tonight, because you have to think Kyle will not be able to shorten his bench forever.

That said, this should be a fun game, and I just hope that Center Ice picks up this one as it did the quarters. Anyone with Center Ice at home now, and if so, has the on-TV schedule changed to show they'll be airing it?

For Russia fans:
How has Yunkov looked? I heard he has been getting sparse minutes and fourth-line ice time? Thanks.

richardn

Mar 6, 2004
Sault Ste. Marie
Russia will win this game because they will play a better team game then the better US team who is playing with little chemistry. The US have not gelled as a team yet in this tournament. Should be a close game though.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Drake1588 said:
For Russia fans:
How has Yunkov looked? I heard he has been getting sparse minutes and fourth-line ice time? Thanks.
Yes, He plays with Lisin and Ketov on 4th line. When Kulemin was suspended he and Ketov were promoted to 3rd line where theyplayed with Voloshenko while Lisin had separated icetime with Zubov at 1st line with Malkin and Radulov.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Thanks. I seem to remember that the Radulov-Yunkov-Voloshenko line used to be a pretty effective unit in international play, but I suppose Yunkov may not be progressing like the others.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Drake1588 said:
Anyone with Center Ice at home now, and if so, has the on-TV schedule changed to show they'll be airing it?
I just checked and it's not on there yet. Not sure how late they put the last one on the schedule though, so I'm pretty hopeful.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
4-3 USA...They'll have just enough left in the tank and they're good enough to overcome the fatigue factor for another game. Seemed to me the Czechs were a tad too tentative from the slot and the points last night. The American's shot blocking had a lot to do with that, they're phenomenal with their special teams and defensive positioning. Russia will have to bomb away to beat them IMO. :)

greatwhite101*

The scoring chances USA gave up against Czech were unbelievable. I was really surprised that Czechs were unable to finish specially when in the first period Czech player missed empty net. Playing against Russians who are loaded with snipers and speed will not be easy I do not think USA will be able to cover all 4 lines. Unless something bizarre happens it should be Canada against Russian in WJC as well as Olympics.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Sotnos said:
I just checked and it's not on there yet. Not sure how late they put the last one on the schedule though, so I'm pretty hopeful.
Thanks. Admittedly last night it didn't change until the early evening, so it could be done somewhat late, for all we know. We'll just have to keep checking and hope, I suppose.

SammyTheBull

Dec 1, 2005
Voted for Russia only because I want to see Canada vs Russia :) but I think it's a 50/50 chance, anything can happpen, and I hope it's a high scoring game.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Both the US and Russia are great teams, but what is this? Like the 4th game in 5 nights for the US? Isn't that pretty much unheard of in NCAA? This tournament format really favors the winners of the pools. Normally, I'd say this is a wash. But now, Russians have to be favorites going in.

I will say, though, if the US does pull it off, they'll probably win the whole thing. If you can beat a good Russian team after such a rigorous schedule you're the real deal.

Riggs

Apr 6, 2004
Pittsburgh
I think Russia wins, Malkin has been clutch all season and I don't think this game will be any different.

Go Malkin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad