Who will win: U.S.A. vs. Russia

• Thread starter joe_shannon_1983*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinaski*

Russia. We are going to have a big game tomorrow. Just wait and see. :handclap: :yo:

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
I have a feeling that the US will win... Schneider and Kessel both looked wicked tonight, but I think energy will be a big factor in tomorrow's game, as the US took a bit of a beating, especially with all the shot blocking they did.

Should be a good game though.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
Since I havn't seen Russia play yet I can't say.. The only thing I know is that we had a good game vs the US last year, and that our players should be boosted with their performance so far. As long as Khudobin makes the saves (and D's play ok) Russia should make it to the gold medal game.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
If the U.S. can get Russia to take stupid penalties (their tendancy when being played physical), we have a good chance - especially with Khudobin in net.
If the Russians keep their composure and Khudobin is solid, Russia wins.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I picked the U.S. although it could go either way. I think the key will be playing four lines and three defensive pairings throughout the game. That should alleviate some of the fatigue factor. The U.S. will have to stay out of the box and Schneider will have to play as well as he did tonight.

Daily Special

Oct 4, 2005
San Francisco
jet228 said:
Russia will crush them... looking forward to Canada Russia for gold!

If Russia "crushes" the US team as you so eloquently concluded, what would that mean they do to Canada? "Smooshes" them?

-

Last edited:

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
Rush5Collapse5 said:
If Russia "crushes" the US team as you so eloquently concluded, what would that mean they do to Canada? "Smooshes" them?

-

Well, whatever you'd call an 8-1 score I suppose... only in reverse.

Childish insults aside, I went with Russia just because I think the US is going to be too tired. If this were a matchup based on equal days rest, I think the US would win by a couple of goals. As the circumstances are, I think you'll see a close game for the first two periods, and then Russia take hte play to the US in the third and OT and win 3-2.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Rush5Collapse5 said:

-

I guess we'll see

at least Canada will have a shot at Gold this year, and only with 1 returnee... not like the US that was supposed to be dominant... what a joke :biglaugh:

Daily Special

Oct 4, 2005
San Francisco
Injektilo said:
Well, whatever you'd call an 8-1 score I suppose... only in reverse.

Childish insults aside, I went with Russia just because I think the US is going to be too tired. If this were a matchup based on equal days rest, I think the US would win by a couple of goals. As the circumstances are, I think you'll see a close game for the first two periods, and then Russia take hte play to the US in the third and OT and win 3-2.

That's what the last guy said about the Czech's. Pardon me for laughing.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Kaizer said:
Only thing you will know will this poll is how many posters here are from USA, Russia and Canada ;)

In fact, I think there will be more Russia votes than the pollsters: many thinks that Americans are too tired...

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I really like the fact that Russia has had 4 offensively dangerous lines in this tournament which doesn't allow the opposition to concentrate on just shutting down one line as the other lines will come through.

After watching the US get outplayed by the Czechs tonight, I hope Russia will be able to repeat that as I think we have bigger, more skilled forwards than the Czechs do.

Also, obviously the fatigue is a factor, and if Russia can get an early lead going, it should would be really hard for US to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad