Who will win the Selke trophy?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
so far I would say probably Anze Kopitar or Sasha Barkov

Gotta have Patrice Bergeron in there, his underlying numbers are just ridiculous.

That being said, Kopitar and Barkov are 100% in that conversation too. Barkov literally just needs to play 82GP and he'll get the recognition he deserves.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Bergeron or Kopitar.
Barkov will come in third.

Kopitar is amazing but up against an all-time great in Bergeron for the Selke. As great as Kopitar is (and I'd vote him for the Hart today) he doesn't deserve the Selke over Bergeron whom should've had the last 6 in a row.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Bergeron is simply the definition of The Selke Trophy. Toews, Kopitar and Kesler might've won it - but even those years - Bergeron has been the best defensive forward in the NHL. Just what he is... we're all allowed to admit it.

Reactions: Steven

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Matthews without a shadow of a doubt. How many other players can put up a 100 points and still be one of the best centers defensively?

What 100 points? He is not Connor McDavid but yeah maybe 100 points in two seasons. Matthews is not as good defensively than Barkov, Kopitar, Bergeron, Koivu, Kesler etc so I don't see him in this discussion.

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
As someone who's favourite players are Barkov and Kopitar, this is no doubt Bergeron's trophy. He's literally been the best defensive forward for almost a decade and will probably continue that dominance

Reactions: Ladyfan

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Corsi %
Bergeron: 59%
Barkov: 53%
Point: 52%
Matthews: 51%
Kopitar: 51%

CA/60
Bergeron: 48
Barkov: 51
Point: 55
Kopitar: 57
Matthews: 60

Goals Allowed/60
Bergeron: 1.15
Matthews: 1.39
Point: 1.76
Kopitar: 1.88
Barkov: 2.69

Expected Goals Allowed/60
Barkov: 2.1
Point: 2.13
Bergeron: 2.22
Kopitar: 2.46
Matthews: 2.65

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Just watched Bergeron in the last week completely shut down Tavares, Kucherov and Stamkos. Let the players decide and they will tell you no one is harder to play against then Bergeron. I know Tavares has said that a few times Bergy is the hardest guy to play against and the last game he schooled him up and down the ice, looked like a pro playing a junior.

Last edited:

MidWestJet

Jan 13, 2014
No player has ever won the selke with out coming second or third in voting for a couple years first, so anyone thinking Mathews or Barkov will win it this year will be dissapointed. Give it 2-3 years before either wins one

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I watch him every night and am most certainly biased, but I feel like if it's based purely on defensive play..... Bergeron should win this every year running away. This year being no different. He's just on another level IMO.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Bergeron or Kopitar.
Barkov will come in third.

Kopitar is amazing but up against an all-time great in Bergeron for the Selke. As great as Kopitar is (and I'd vote him for the Hart today) he doesn't deserve the Selke over Bergeron whom should've had the last 6 in a row.

Jesus Christ. Kopitar didn't deserve the Selke, Doughty didn't deserve the Norris...are we gonna pull Williams' Conn Smythe so we can give it to Lundqvist now too?

Starting to think we should add 'time zone' to profiles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->