Speculation: Who will we draft ?

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
way to early to guess. But would assume best available forward .

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Whoever they draft, Nill won’t let the guy play in the NHL until 2024.
lol, like that is the issue. We should just focus on the guy being capable of making the NHL as so far hes what 1 for 30.

At this point, i fully expect him to trade up into the top 10 and draft a prospect ranked 40th
Probably another f***ing goalie, because if there's 1 thing to waste a first round pick on, it is most definitely a f***ing goalie.
If it is a forward
Look for underskilled russians ranked in the 2nd round.
Look for players who's ceiling is 3rd round grinder.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Hopefully the 1st round pick is involved in a trade to land a big name player .

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
The Stars should focus on being able to draft AHL players first and foremost. They've struggled to even get that right.

Reactions: joshik

Duffeldof

Jun 28, 2014
Just get lucky on lottery and draft Rasmus Dahlin.

Heiskanen - Dahlin
Lindell - Klingberg
Heatherington - Honka :)

Reactions: Kcb12345

joshik

In Duchene we believe
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
1st round- I would like Wahlstrom but he won't be there.Veleno is another option. We need someone who could take Spezza spot. Even Lundestrom could be good. Oliver and Joseph 1/2 line C, Isac 2nd liner.
2nd round-Jake Wise he drops a lot but I think in 2nd he would be steal. Top6 or nothing.
3rd round- Filip Kral-very underrated player last year he played 23 games in Czech first league and was solid against much older players (or N.Nordgren who impress me in CHL). I see him as a top 4 D.
4th round- Kristian Reichel his father is a legend and he drills him so much. :D Hard working 3rd liner.
4th round-Linus Nyman very underrated player if he will we available its no-brainer. Could be 2nd liner.
5th round-Libor Zabransky he is from hockey family that I know personally. 7th D max I don't much more.
6th round-Rickard Hugg good passer and impressive 2way game. Great for the 4th/3rd line.
7th round-Daniil Isayev russian goalie is always hit or miss. I believe Daniil could be a good backup in few years.

Reactions: Kcb12345

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Pick #1 Jesperi Kotkaniemi RW
Pick #2 Vatlei Kravtsov RW
Pick #3 Philipp Kurashev C
Pick #4 Alexander Khovanov C
Pick #4 Daniel Kurovský LW
Pick #5 Hunter Holmes C

Pick #2 Vatlei Kravtsov RW is going to be a superstar.

joshik

In Duchene we believe
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
Pick #1 Jesperi Kotkaniemi RW
Pick #2 Vatlei Kravtsov RW
Pick #3 Philipp Kurashev C
Pick #4 Alexander Khovanov C
Pick #4 Daniel Kurovský LW
Pick #5 Hunter Holmes C

Pick #2 Vatlei Kravtsov RW is going to be a superstar.
Our team is bad at picking Russian players I rather avoid that.(Khovanov will go is 1st/2nd round prolly).
Kotkaniemiemi is not the type player we need. We need fast and skilled player.
Kurovsky is a waste of a pick he is 20 and some 18y.o. Czech players who will go in that round are at his level.
Hunter Holmes is a great name :D

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
My guess is that we have missed the playoffs all but two of the last ten years.....we have problems in goal, at D, and at FW. In that position, I guess we are in BPA territory.

However, I doubt we would invest in goalie again, should it fall that way. And, if position decides between two equal talents, probably a FW.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Where is the beef?
If we get lucky and fall down to 1st I would rather them take Svechnikov . After watching highlights of both players , Dahlin honestly doesn’t look any better than heiskanen and only has 2 inches on him . Svechnikov is playing against kids whereas dahlin playing against men but he still looks like he’s nhl ready and imagine him having good chemistry with radulov , nuke and guryanov in the coming years . It’s not gonna happen but fingers crossed.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If we get lucky and fall down to 1st I would rather them take Svechnikov . After watching highlights of both players , Dahlin honestly doesn’t look any better than heiskanen and only has 2 inches on him . Svechnikov is playing against kids whereas dahlin playing against men but he still looks like he’s nhl ready and imagine him having good chemistry with radulov , nuke and guryanov in the coming years . It’s not gonna happen but fingers crossed.

I would try and trade the pick with whoever has the 2nd overall. Get a nice return if that team really wants Dahlin

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I would try and trade the pick with whoever has the 2nd overall. Get a nice return if that team really wants Dahlin
If a team knows we’re after Svechnikov instead of dahlin they would more than likely not do anything and just let dahlin fall to them .

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If a team knows we’re after Svechnikov instead of dahlin they would more than likely not do anything and just let dahlin fall to them .

No, in that case we draft Dahlin and threaten to trade him for a bigger return elsewhere. No matter what we get a star young winger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad