Speculation: Who will replace Marc Bergevin (Mod warning post #269)

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
This team is not known for quick terminations for those "in da club". Bergevin will get his chance to "rebuild". So long as Molson doesn't lose too much on the bottom line, Bergevin is not worthy of termination.

Expect "cap space" to grow next season in order to placate Molson

Roke

Jul 21, 2003
Winnipeg
It scares me to say it but I'd take Roy. At least he is passionate, hates losing, and would get rid of all the soft lazy guys who are not willing to compete each night. I must admit it would be a gong show.

I suspect hiring a guy who "hates to lose" for the GM position would have a similar effect on the Habs as all the players Bergevin acquired who "hate to lose"

DubDub

Jul 11, 2017
Replace him already! This is beyond, the deadline deals were alright but very underwhelming for a team in a rebuild. He is the same broken record as usual.

If we enter the draft with him leading the charge we are in serious trouble. I can not see him writing his wrongs and turning this debacle around. We really need a change in leadership on all levels.

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
This team is not known for quick terminations for those "in da club". Bergevin will get his chance to "rebuild". So long as Molson doesn't lose too much on the bottom line, Bergevin is not worthy of termination.

Expect "cap space" to grow next season in order to placate Molson

But looking at all those empty seats and the loss of interest for the club. It is affecting his bottom line for sure.

DubDub

Jul 11, 2017
But looking at all those empty seats and the loss of interest for the club. It is affecting his bottom line for sure.
I receive emails everyday now for "last min tickets being released" for habs games. This most definitely is hurting there bottom line.
Molson will need to take action if this keeps up.

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
I receive emails everyday now for "last min tickets being released" for habs games. This most definitely is hurting there bottom line.
Molson will need to take action if this keeps up.
Ya me too, much more than last year. This summer he is going to feel it. I'm sure they have many projections and that the more the fans have no faith, there will be more loss of revenue. I think he is gone, but hey I'm an optimist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->