Speculation: Who will replace Marc Bergevin (Mod warning post #269)

DubDub

Jul 11, 2017
If Bergevin is to be fired, who will replace him as our new GM?! Do we gut the front office and our scouting staff? A shakeup is needed and I would love to know, who the best man for the job is?! Excitement for a new GM will be a first me.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
If he does get the boot, just hope the replacement has alot of experience and contacts, preferably from winning teams.

Team needs someone who would have a comprehensive plan to get things moving forward.

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
I'll take this frenchy though, because he's the best available (or at the top of the list)

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Could Brodeur be a possibility for either a GM or president role?

I doubt Brodeur would be interested.....he just became Assistant GM, still learning the job in the shadow with an organisation going in the right direction and not in a mediatic zoo with a mess to work with.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
You need to understand there is a slim chance of Bergevin being fired. There is no reason for Molson to wait until the end of the year and allow Bergevin to make more trades. If it was going to happen, then it would be done by now and an interim GM named.
In Molson's eyes, Marc said he is a "fighter" ... the Habs are a joke. Not just to us fans here but to the whole league. I've never seen a team where everything they do brings a perplexing look from the media. If Bergevin just did the opposite of all his ideas, the Habs would be pretty solid.

Also why did he give Julien such a long F-ing contract? What benefit .... guy gets fired and we give him way too many years. Where was his favourite "bridge" contract lmao..

Reactions: NHLFutureGuy3

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
Julien Brisebois is probably the best choice for GM. Brodeur has been an assistant GM for about 3 years still way to green for the position.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
The mentality, chemistry of the whole organisation changed since they went on arbitration with Subban.
They kept telling them selfs that Price was the real superstars, they made everyone believe that lie (exept me) and eventually they believed it them selfs.

That's all on Molson. Hes the owner. He should of been closer to Subban and treat him like his own child. If they embraced who Subban was from the beginning we wouldn't be where we are now.

Therefore, I officially offer my services as a ghost President of hockey operations.

My job goal is to make sure we keep the future Subban;s in the team for a very very long time.

Reactions: NHLFutureGuy3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->