Who Will Lead Rookie D-men In Points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Heres Are Some Names I Like So Far (tho Not Sure If Theyll Make Their Teams)

Hamhuis
Pitkanen
Daley
Kronwall
Bergeron
Zidlicky
Kondratiev
Erhoff
Jillson (still A Rookie?)
(any Others?)

Maybe If You Can Rank Their Order (this Year) Or If U Dont Think Theyll Make The Team And Their Possible Point Projections This Year

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
I would say Zidlicky. If the preseason is any indication, he will be in the Preds top 4 and will be a first team PPer. That's how you get points.

Hamhuis probably won't make the team. He's only their because they are resting Kloucek's knee. When Kloucek is deemed healthy to play (any day now), Hamhuis will be sent to Milwaukee. Considering how good a camp he had, the Preds defense might not be so bad after all.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
He's the guy who has been hyped and the high draft pick... but I'm still going to go with him: Joni Pitkanen.

-Extremely talented

-Will see PP time

-Is on a pretty good team

Offensively, I think he'll be ahead of the pack.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Vlad The Impaler said:
He's the guy who has been hyped and the high draft pick... but I'm still going to go with him: Joni Pitkanen.

-Extremely talented

-Will see PP time

I`d like to say Komisarek will lead all rookie defenceman but he might not even start with the Habs. I`m gonna go with Pitkanen

And Jillson isn`t a rookie anymore.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
Vlad The Impaler said:

-Extremely talented

-Will see PP time

Agreed. Given his situation he will have quite the opportunity to put up points. He will be an integral part of the Flyers offense from the blueline all season, and depending on his progression his duties will increase as the season goes on.

ukyo

Mar 2, 2003
Silicon Valley
Visit site
I'll say Ehrhoff. Out of all the rookie defensemen out there, he's by far the least shy about letting off a shot. If preseason is any indication, he's gonna top 225 shots easily, and he may be playing the top PP unit (definitely while Stuart is out).

My (completely speculative) list would look like:

Ehrhoff
John Vandermeer on Philly (if he stays on the team the whole season)
Zidlicky
Bergeron (unless Edm does what they did last year with York on the point alongside Brewer)
Kronwall

Ehrhoff may top 30-35 pts, but I'll guess that that's about it. He seems to me to be the most mature out of the group.

Sorry, I don't see Liles getting very much ice time at all this season around Blake, Foote, Morris, Skoula, McAllister, and Skrastins, let alone PP time.

It seems that Eminger is going to be playing at the Brendan Witt school of defense this season. They don't teach PP quarterbacking skills there, so not too many points from him.

Pitkanen is gonna be really good in a few years. Not this year though. From what I saw in preseason, it looks like he's biding his time learning the league and such. It will pay off big time for Philly in a few years.

Bergeron could be a dark horse in the scoring race, but if Edmonton goes with York and Brewer at the point on the first PP unit, he's not going to be doing all that much scoring. Plus, I have a feeling at some point he's going to get benched because he's uhh... not too good at defense.

Kronwall looked good too, but like Liles, he's also stuck behind a glut of defensemen. I'd expect him to perform similar to how Bykov did last season.

I know nothing about Daley or Kondratiev.

Popovic might be on the list too, but I don't know about his roster status.

#37-#93-#27*

Jillson really impressed me against the Rangers so I'll pick him. Made one of the best moves I've ever seen any rookie do that game, spun around Rucinsky and rifled a shot top shelf about 30 feet out.

Hitman*

Pitkanen, Ehrhoff or Eminger.

If Colaiacovo plays with the big club, he could have a shot too.

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
Jori_18_23 said:
John-Michael Liles (Colorado) might be up for some consideration . He should see some time on the PP (most likely the second PP unit).

I'll say Liles as well. ;)

Wild Bill

Jul 6, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
Pitkanen will get more minutes and all the pub, but when it is all said and done I think Paul Martin will end up with the most. Jersey's PP was terrible last year and I could see him getting significant time there. Eminger has the potential to, but we probably won't see him pinch as much as others because of how bad the Caps D might be in their own zone.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I'll go with Eminger, I think he'll score more just from playing lotsa minutes, this guy always impresses me.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Travis Roche has played 5 games in his career, so he would still qualify as a rookie, no?

Given his rep as a power play quarterback, he might put up surprising totals.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
bloodyrags said:
Pitkanen will get more minutes and all the pub, but when it is all said and done I think Paul Martin will end up with the most. Jersey's PP was terrible last year and I could see him getting significant time there. Eminger has the potential to, but we probably won't see him pinch as much as others because of how bad the Caps D might be in their own zone.

That's because Pitkanen's a much better player. If you saw Martin at all in preseason (which I did during two games), you would have seen a kid who didn't look like he was anything special. I'm not saying that he won't be good, he just isn't right now. Also, is he on the team? I thought Hale had the inside track. Pitkanen will get tons of pp time and a lot of ice time in general. The only thing that could hurt him is the amount of goals that the flyers score, which is why he may not be the highest scoring rookie defenseman.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Bergeron

From what i've seen of this kid, he will put up the totals.

I do not think he is the best of those d-men though, but he will lead the rookies in points this season(for defenseman that is)

just my opinion.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Zidlicky has the best chance to be the point leader of the group this year. It's almost a given that he will be paired with Timonen on the first (and usually 2nd) powerpaly unit for the Predators. In addition, he's the eldest of the bunch, and by far, the most professionally proven of the bunch. Offensively, he's been a beast in Finland. His offensive abilities have been very noticable in NHL preseason games thus far.

thestonedkoala

Bookman said:
Travis Roche has played 5 games in his career, so he would still qualify as a rookie, no?

*cough HOMER cough* Kidding Bookie but I'm not sold on Roche. He's not going to see a lot of time on the ice and I wager that he's going to be under the spotlight. Like I said in the preview, the camp is split on him. He'll need a quick start to really get any attention.

That and putting the puck in the net, is the only real thing he can do. Talk to Steve about that one :D

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Eminger or Pitkanen, minutes being the leading factor.

I know Steve is top 4, I'm not sure about Pitk.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Bookman said:

Lydman was in the same situation ... we all know the results ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad