Who will have the best NHL Career? Kovalchuk, Ovechkin or Crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachoo

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
It seems like these three guys have been the 3 biggest phenom picks of the recent or future drafts.

Who do you guys think will end up with the most impressive career, in order?

For my money, I'd go:

1. Kovalchuk
2. Ovechkin
3. Crosby

Of course, I have only seen Kovalchuk play (every game almost), and I think he is on the verge of a 50 goal season.

From the reports I have read, Ovechkin seems to be a tad big better rated right now than Crosby but who knows how everything will end up when their careers are all said and done.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
The fact that Kovalchuk is currently leading the NHL in goals while Ovechkin is still in the RSL and Crosby is playing his first year of junior makes me consider him the unquestioned pick at least until either of the other two see an NHL ice surface.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
To me if you look at where they are now Kovalchuk is obviously the best, Ovechkin second and Crosby third. But that doesn't say anything because ages and playing levels are different right now. As for the future, who can say? The sky is the limit for each of them right now. Kovalchuk is not at his peak potential yet, even as a star in the NHL. Ovechkin is not even in the NHL yet but is doing very well in the RSL, and Crosby is blowing away much of the competition in the Q. Each of them is equally exciting to me in the big scheme of the future of hockey and it's too hard to even try to pick one that you think will be better.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
this is a very hard question to answer since A. one guy is playing NHL in his 3rd year; B. Ovechkin is ranked for this draft and is playing in Russia and with men; C. Crosby is playing junior and this is his rookie year...each player is almost 2 years apart in age which is a big difference develpment wise.

Marmax

Dec 28, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Pachoo said:
It seems like these three guys have been the 3 biggest phenom picks of the recent or future drafts.

For my money, I'd go:

1. Kovalchuk
2. Ovechkin
3. Crosby

Of course, I have only seen Kovalchuk play (every game almost), and I think he is on the verge of a 50 goal season.

From the reports I have read, Ovechkin seems to be a tad big better rated right now than Crosby but who knows how everything will end up when their careers are all said and done.

That question is impossible to answer. I would consider any answer like homerism cause Kovalchuk is currently playing in the NHL and the two other players are nothing but hype right now (until they hit the Nhl).

#37-#93-#27*

Pachoo said:

For my money, I'd go:

1. Kovalchuk
2. Ovechkin
3. Crosby

This is not a fair question. Kovalchuk is already a proven superstar in the NHL and we've all seen first hand how great he is. Almost none of us have seen both Ovechkin and Crosby.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
It`s alittle early to tell...you can`t compare a 20 year old NHLer with a 17 year old playing in russia and a 15-16 year old. Ask this again in about 5 years and you`ll get a decent answer. They`ll probably all be very good NHLers tho, but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad