Who will get television broadcast rights for Vegas' NHL games?

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Or they might rewrite the territories. See the Jazz aligning as a third NBA team for Vegas area.

Yeah right, Lakers get paid about $125m a year for their very well defined TV market. How much the Jazz going to pay them to share a market where they have few fans? Clippers deal coming up too will be close to Lakers money, will have to pay them off too. And also remember NBA makes a lot of money off the out of market package, they won't give that up just so an NHL teams network can get more viewers.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
I'm sure that will figure itself out. There isn't even a Root Sports Las Vegas to put on Cox or Centurylink yet.

I have had Cox for a long time now, but if they don't add ROOT network I will definitely be moving to whatever service does have it. So here's hoping they do, because I really like Cox's internet.

ronthemailman

Oct 23, 2016
Las Vegas
I've got Directv's Ultimate package which is $90 a month...Root Rocky Mountain is only on the Premier package which is $150 a month...not the best encouragement for locals, to jump up $60 to see the Knights...and what would be the cost on cable?..can't be part of a standard package

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I've got Directv's Ultimate package which is $90 a month...Root Rocky Mountain is only on the Premier package which is $150 a month...not the best encouragement for locals, to jump up $60 to see the Knights...and what would be the cost on cable?..can't be part of a standard package

Just give it some time. Up until yesterday Root Sports Rocky Mountain was an out of market network that only people that were really into sports would order. Now that Las Vegas' hockey team is on there I'm guessing they'll have a lot more motivation to put it on a more normal package tier here in Las Vegas.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Just give it some time. Up until yesterday Root Sports Rocky Mountain was an out of market network that only people that were really into sports would order. Now that Las Vegas' hockey team is on there I'm guessing they'll have a lot more motivation to put it on a more normal package tier here in Las Vegas.

I think this is exactly what will happen. Worst case scenario: DirecTV customers in Vegas may have to pay a couple of extra dollars each month for the "Regional Sports channel fee" (which I have on my bill for the Lakers "Spectrum Sportsnet" channel).

flpanthers10

NHL to LAS VEGAS
Dec 24, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Has anyone heard if they plan on carrying ROOT on Roku or Sling TV? No way I'm going back to cable after being on Roku for two plus years. Having a $40 cable is awesome.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Has anyone heard if they plan on carrying ROOT on Roku or Sling TV? No way I'm going back to cable after being on Roku for two plus years. Having a $40 cable is awesome.

Not going to happen. If you want coverage of regional sports you will have to pay for it through a large provider. I could see the Directv now service eventually carrying the sports teams networks for your region, but be ready to pay $7-10 more a month for it and I highly doubt they will let you pick and choose what teams/networks you want to watch. Otherwise the leagues have no reason to play ball with these new online only services because it will compete with their TV and internet-only packages they sell and get a large cut from.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->