Who will get television broadcast rights for Vegas' NHL games?

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
MLB is the worst, I feel like I'm blacked out of Cubs games any time they play in the Pacific time zone.

I've never really thought the LA connection was that strong here in Las Vegas for anything other than the Lakers (and lately) the Clippers. I've met a lot more Cardinals fans than Rams fans, for example. Both of those teams pale in comparison to the number of Broncos fans I've met, though.

People seem to keep the teams from their hometowns whether that's Buffalo, Detroit, Chicago, etc. There's a fair number of people from Southern California that carried their fandom to Las Vegas, but LA fans always seemed kind of weak to me in comparison to other types of fans.

You are, everybody but the Angels (because we get FSPT), Padres and sometimes D-Backs are blacked out in Vegas.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
BB, it says the deal is with Root Rocky Mountain. Doesn't mention a new Root network for Las Vegas.

Sucks for Cox customers. I'd have preferred Fox Sports West since that is what I'm used to and the Kings and Ducks are going to be blacked out anyways. Never turned on a Root channel before but at the end of the day as long as it was on a channel I got I didn't care what network it was. The Kings and now Knights are all I watch on those channels anyways.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
My wife works for Cox and she said that they haven't received any internal notice about a channel add on. Isn't Cox a sponsor?
I'm sure it will all work itself out.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
BB, it says the deal is with Root Rocky Mountain. Doesn't mention a new Root network for Las Vegas.

Sucks for Cox customers. I'd have preferred Fox Sports West since that is what I'm used to and the Kings and Ducks are going to be blacked out anyways. Never turned on a Root channel before but at the end of the day as long as it was on a channel I got I didn't care what network it was. The Kings and now Knights are all I watch on those channels anyways.

I don't think the Ducks and Kings will be blacked out next season.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA

I'm sure they'll have a subchannel for Las Vegas/Nevada. I doubt very much we'll have Root Sports Rocky Mountain available to us, especially since it would have to introduce the Rockies to the Las Vegas market without a Nevada specific subchannel. Perhaps they'll piggyback on Root Sports Utah, which is what I'd predicted from the beginning.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
I'm sure they'll have a subchannel for Las Vegas/Nevada. I doubt very much we'll have Root Sports Rocky Mountain available to us, especially since it would have to introduce the Rockies to the Las Vegas market without a Nevada specific subchannel. Perhaps they'll piggyback on Root Sports Utah, which is what I'd predicted from the beginning.

That would be amazing if we got the Rockies though.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
ROOT Sports Rocky Mountain:handclap:

I doubt that when people sit down on their couch and tune into the opening Golden Knights game that they'll tune to ROOT Rocky Mountain. They've almost got to create ROOT Sports Great Basin or something as a subchannel that will show the Golden Knights, perhaps the Jazz if the NBA is cool with that, and some Raiders related programming in the future.

The places outside of Nevada will still have the Knights available I'm sure, but I can't see Las Vegas getting the Rocky Mountain package.

PuckProphet

Apr 28, 2017
The bars are going to be wild after a win..... I am thinking less people will order that sports channel more people will go out and enjoy the game

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
That would be amazing if we got the Rockies though.

They can't show them nor can they show the Jazz. Really a bizarre choice that leads to Cox having to carry four sports channels with just a ton of blackouts and no games of arguably the most popular team in these parts, the Dodgers. Any wonder people are cutting the cord?

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
They can't show them nor can they show the Jazz. Really a bizarre choice that leads to Cox having to carry four sports channels with just a ton of blackouts and no games of arguably the most popular team in these parts, the Dodgers. Any wonder people are cutting the cord?

Or they might rewrite the territories. See the Jazz aligning as a third NBA team for Vegas area.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->