Who will be the top 3 defenseman at WJC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
Who will be the top 3 most dominating defenseman at WJC?

I'm talking about defensemen who will do it all, hit, make good passes (if he can score a few goals, that would be a bonus), play good defensively, help on offense, skate well, play tough, someone like Phaneuf.

Last edited:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
If I had to put my money on a guy it'd be Jack Johnson, though there are plenty of quality guys out there that could use the WJC to showcase themselves. Jack just seems like the best package.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Johnson, Smid and possibly Lee (I'm assuming he's on the team). I look for Chorney to have a solid tournament for the Americans as well - he's had a good rookie season in the NCAA and he's apparently a pretty similar player to Lydman and Leopold.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
I'm going to say that Luc Bourdon, Jack Johnson, and Ladislav Smid are going to surprise a lot of people this tournament.

Towelie*

Jovanovski = Norris said:
Jack Johnson, Luc Bourdon and Marc Staal are my picks.

Staal could get shafted with ice-time if Sutter decides to pair up both sets of team mates for the top-four, leaving Staal at number 5 underservingly.

Its the age old debate of Skill VS Chemistry

I pick, Johnson, Bourdon

Randall Graves*

clay said:
I'm going to say that Luc Bourdon, Jack Johnson, and Ladislav Smid are going to surprise a lot of people this tournament.
I dunno about that...those may be the three best defensemen in the tourney.

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
Jack Johnson, Luc Bourdon and Ladislav Smid are my take on the top 3 at this tournament. Honorable mention goes out to Brian Lee and Marc Staal. I'm disappointed that Ivan Vishnevskiy wasn't invited to RUS camp.. I would have really liked to watch him this year.

benbouch

Nov 13, 2002
Québec
Visit site
I think that Bourdon will be a deception for a lot of you. I have seen him play since the beginning of the year in Val-d'Or and this guy have an attitude problem that will keep him out of the best at the WJC.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Mallard said:
Barker for sure

I think it is amazing how underrated Barker is becoming. It took nine posts for his name to be mentioned, and yet this is a guy who made the Hawks out of camp and is the only returning player on the Canadian team. I would not be shocked at all if he dominated this tournement.

Hawkhead

Jun 5, 2004
Canada
www.kiekko.tk
Wow wake up. Have you guys watched any local hockey lately?

Barker is an AMAZING player on the team and at this stage in his development he is the best defenseman in the tournament. Amazing young talent was the second youngest player on the u-20 team last year only behind.... Crosby.

So people think that Lee is a better pick over Barker? :biglaugh: Lee is great but...

Give credit where credit is due. behind Barker.. Johnson is my man. The two #3s

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
J. Johnson, Bourdon, K. Russell-might not be the physical guy to be the best all around but has a chance at being the best offensive d-man. A note on Barker, if he plays the way Ive seen him with all the chippyness hes going to be spending alot of time in the box with the NHL style rule enforcement the IIHF wants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->