Who Will Be The Next Goaltender With A Losing Record To Be Inducted Into The Hockey Hall Of Fame?

Who Will Be The Next Goaltender With A Losing Record To Be Inducted Into The Hockey Hall Of Fame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Yes, that's an acceptable way to look at it. But then you have to also consider overtime wins as ties, not wins (for the same reason). And if you don't do that, then you reach the inevitable conclusion that every goaltender these days is above average.

Right. You just take into account that like in the standings 90 points isn't what it used to be for a team either. 90 points probably gets you on the outside of the playoffs. So a goalie who is 30-25-7 is average more or less.

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
Last edited:

HawkNut

Jun 12, 2017
As others mentioned, none are Hall worthy. However, if I absolutely had to enshrine one of them, I would choose Kolzig.

Reactions: Killion

DJ Man

Mar 23, 2009
Central Florida
The points system today is yet another reason to hate Bettman-era policies. It used to be so simple: add wins, losses, and ties = games played.

Now you need a Ph.D in math to figure out how many games teams have actually won and lost, etc.

The idea of allowing the competing teams to generate an extra "point" so that the value of a given contest is variable, is so insane a violation of zero-sum gamesmanship that I couldn't believe a major league would even consider it. A statistical sin as well: Hey, look, just about every team is above average now!

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
The idea of allowing the competing teams to generate an extra "point" so that the value of a given contest is variable, is so insane a violation of zero-sum gamesmanship that I couldn't believe a major league would even consider it. A statistical sin as well: Hey, look, just about every team is above average now!

Ya. Madness. Look what they done to our game. Unbelievable. Beyond a Pet Peeve. Incensed generations of fans.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Curious as to who voted for Sean Burke? Made a grand entrance with the underdog Devils in 1988. And had a nice late-career stint with Phoenix. Everything in between was...rather un-HOF caliber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad