Who Will Be The Next Edmonton Oilers Player To Be Inducted Into The Hockey Hall Of Fame?

Who Will Be The Next Edmonton Oilers Player To Be Inducted Into The Hockey Hall Of Fame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
Vachon is clearly a better goalie than Moog

Rogie Vachon

Vachon, Rogatien -- Statistics, Awards & Career -- Honoured Player -- Legends of Hockey

Regular Season: 795-355-291-127-51-2.99
Playoffs: 48-23-23-2-2.77
16 years in NHL
3 Stanley Cups

Andy Moog

Legends of Hockey -- NHL Player Search -- Player -- Andy Moog

Regular Season: 713-372-209-88-28-3.13
Playoffs: 132-68-57-4-3.03
18 years in NHL
3 Stanley Cups

Rogie Vachon played 2 less seasons than Moog, but played more games, but Moog got more wins and less losses, but Vachon got more shutouts and a better goals against average.

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
PHOTOS OF THE EDMONTON OILERS INDUCTEES ON THE HOCKEY HALL OF FAME WEBSITE

Edmonton Oilers -- Legends of Hockey -- The Legends

B199701S.jpg

P199901S.jpg

P200104S.jpg

P200301S.jpg

P200402S.jpg

P200703S.jpg

P200801S.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Killion

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Bernie Nichols
At this point, doesn't look like Bernie's going to make it. He certainly had Hall of Fame-level talent, and strong enough numbers, but I think his getting traded twice in his prime and his perceived "party boy" image are enough to keep him on the outside. (Complete lack of defensive effort his first ten years doesn't help, either.)

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Tikkanen will get in if they make a pest category (Hall of Notoriety?). It could be a separate section, with prison bars instead of plexiglass. The audio could be tikitalk, boos and hisses, and ofcource the Gretzky quote of scoring from a rebound from Tiki's arse. :D

Reactions: The Panther

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Danny Gare
All joking aside, what exactly happened to Danny Gare in Edmonton? There was some minor hullabaloo over his coming to Edmonton in fall 1986, and I note that he was only 32 at the time. You'd think he could have gotten in more than 18 games before retiring.

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
Mike Bossy and Denis Potvin of the New York Islanders were both inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1991. I can see the HHOF voters inducting Andy Moog and Kevin Lowe in the same year as well. I think it will happen this year along with Martin Brodeur. If not, I think Lowe or Moog will be inducted in 2018 because the Oilers had their ceremony this year for the 1985 Stanley Cup team being the best, as voted by fans, and Lanny McDonald who is on the HHOF committee attended and spoke at the event.

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
Esa Tikkanen was nominated 3 times for the Frank J. Selke Trophy for best Defensive Forward, so he should be inducted.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
McDavid is one similar season away from being a HHOFer.Can you leave out a guy with 3 Art Ross? I don't think so.

Ishdul

Jan 20, 2007
Esa Tikkanen was nominated 3 times for the Frank J. Selke Trophy for best Defensive Forward, so he should be inducted.
Three Selke nominations without winning doesn't really stand out that much. There are 2 guys who won it 3 times (in addition to many other nominations) without getting in, and a dozen or so guys who were frequent nominees without any real shot of sniffing the Hall.

This poll is the best. Still perfect!
I'm guessing you're fully aware of what you're doing right now but the McDavid option would be winning quite handily if you had bothered to include it.

Reactions: ResilientBeast

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
I added the none of the above option to the poll, even though you will be wrong. You'll see. They will all be inducted eventually.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
I added the none of the above option to the poll, even though you will be wrong. You'll see. They will all be inducted eventually.

If that is the case the HHOF means nothing and has no interest in honoring the best players and is rather in your estimation a participation medal a player receives from a few weak achievements

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I would like someone to explain one thing Kevin Lowe did in his career that would merit Hall of Fame consideration...?

Lowe was a slightly above-average Dman circa 1981 to 1984. Those were his best years. He was inconsistent after that, and by the early 90s the game had passed him by.

He was really, really slow, and had a tendency to make lazy, slow passes when taking the puck out of his zone, which would result in turnovers and goals-against.

Reactions: ResilientBeast
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad