Who will be the next captain?

gdaddy21

Dec 31, 2010
I just have a weird feeling that Gio's gonna be moved during the summer... just a feeling though.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
I believe his list was Brodie, Giordano, Glencross, and Baertschi as far as the "don't ask list" went.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It will probably be Giordano.

But I like the leadership some of the young guys bring. Cundari, Bouma, Ramage, Reinhart & Hanowski all seem like good leaders or have shown themselves to be captain material before.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Probably Gio, I think Glencross definitely threw his hat into that ring as well.
Also may have to factor in, if Jarome somehow comes off riding high in Pittsburgh, and wants to come back... he'll get an offer and the captaincy; of course. I don't think he'll be back; I'm pretty sure he won't... But it's his if he does, without a question.

C - Gio
A - Glencross, Cammy & Tangs; if none are moved (Tangs/Cammy).
If one's moved, look for someone like Backlund to step up, he's been showing a ton of character recently.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Probably Gio, I think Glencross definitely threw his hat into that ring as well.
Also may have to factor in, if Jarome somehow comes off riding high in Pittsburgh, and wants to come back... he'll get an offer and the captaincy; of course. I don't think he'll be back; I'm pretty sure he won't... But it's his if he does, without a question.

If the Pens win a cup I think the odds are better for him coming back then not. His family will play a major role in where he plays and I dont think they want to move if they dont have to.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If the Pens win a cup I think the odds are better for him coming back then not. His family will play a major role in where he plays and I dont think they want to move if they dont have to.

It's screwed up, I love Iggy, but I love this franchise more. While I want him to win a cup, I also want that first round pick to be like 21, instead of 30 lol :laugh:

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
It's screwed up, I love Iggy, but I love this franchise more. While I want him to win a cup, I also want that first round pick to be like 21, instead of 30 lol :laugh:

I agree with this but at the same time I would love to see Iggy get his cup and possibly return as a mentor and a leader in this rebuild. I think he certainly would if they won the cup. Give him a chance to finish his career where he has been for pretty much all of it. And I can't think of a better role model for the young guys than Iggy.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'll have a hard time thinking of any member of this roster as a captain until Iginla is retired. I think that Cammy has surprising leadership qualities. I would throw his name in the mix with Giordano. Maybe Glencross, too.

As a side note, can someone please fix the thread title?

Trae

Calgary
I don't think Cammy will be around to be in consideration. I would say Iginla obviously if he wins the cup and re-signs since I can only imagine his family would want to remain in Alberta where their roots are, and where his family/friends and family's friends are. If he doesn't, then Giordano, regardless of performance, or Glencross. The extra letter to Tanguay/Backlund.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This seems an appropriate thread to mention the personality of Cundari. In his post-game interview I was thinking "could there be a more different personality to Hanowski?"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad