Who will be the 2004-05 Calder winner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
Providing there is a season next year, who do you pick to win the Calder trophy next season? With Gerber being dealt to Carolina, i'm picking Ilja Bryzgalov. Kari Lehtonen is my runner up.

thestonedkoala

Kari Lehtonen (if given the chance), Patrick O'Sullivan (if signed), Alexander Ovechkin, Evengii Malkin...A darkhorse too...

Can't say until they try out...

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
THere hasnt been a young winner since that Thrashers dude. Its gonna be another 24-25 year old I'd bet

Last edited:

Prucha73

I hope at least one of the young Rangers will be nominated--Tyutin, Balej, Pock

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
This is pretty pathetic. I came into this thread expecting an AHL discussion. Yes, my NHL team is that bad that when I see Calder, I expect some talk about Wilkes Barre.

Anyways, maybe I'll come back when I think about the right topic.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Teemu08 said:
THere hasnt been a young winner since Kovalchuk. Its gonna be another 24-25 year old I'd bet

In that vein, i'd say that Magnus Kahnberg is going to have a decent shot at taking this. He's the reigning SEL points and goal leader and will more than likely get his chance at NHL icetime next season. It's just a long shot, but there have been others.

Prucha73

Teemu08 said:
THere hasnt been a young winner since Kovalchuk. Its gonna be another 24-25 year old I'd bet

I don't think Kovalchuk won it.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
thestonedkoala said:
Kari Lehtonen (if given the chance), Patrick O'Sullivan (if signed), Alexander Ovechkin, Evengii Malkin...A darkhorse too...

Can't say until they try out...

Lehtonen will win it if the Thrash make the playoffs and advance. Ovechkin will fight him tooth and nail.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Ovechkin's gotta be the frontrunner, assuming he comes over immediately. Others I'd consider would be Lehtonen, Fleury is still elligible I think, Vanek and Barker.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
BIGROCKET said:
Providing there is a season next year, who do you pick to win the Calder trophy next season? With Gerber being dealt to Carolina, i'm picking Ilja Bryzgalov. Kari Lehtonen is my runner up.

the only way Brys wins is if he unseats Giguere as the top netminder in Anaheim and plays the majority of the games. It's possible, but unlikely.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Nothing against AO, I actually watched some video clips of him on the Pens website and he did some amazing things, but that said who is going to set him up in washington? I just do not see him lighting things up enough to win the Calder until he gets a bit more around him. Malkin very well might have more points because the Pens have that potent power play, add him to Jackman and Tarnstrom (not to mention Mario and Ryan Malone) and he could put up some impressive numbers on the PP alone, then add in his regular shifts. But still I am doubting that the Calder will come from either because of the teams around them being not yet ready for prime time. No, the Calder will go elsewhere I think.

Last edited:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
1) Ovechkin
2) Lehtonen
3) Sejna
4) Malkin
5) Lessard (hehe had to add a homer pick, but a season next to Mo should give him a decent shot.)

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Actual vote: Kari Lehtonen (I predict Atlanta will make the playoffs)

Homer vote: Alex Auld (does Van have any other rookies?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad