Who will be on the Canadian World Junior Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Gilbert Brule of the Vancouver Giants could sure do it. He's been phenomenal thus far, and apparently he's warranting a long look from the WJC scouting staff. Canucks prospect Marc-Andre Bernier was also on the depth chart, and has an outside chance of making the team.

~Canucklehead~

BCCHL inactive

canucklehead17 said:
Gilbert Brule of the Vancouver Giants could sure do it. He's been phenomenal thus far, and apparently he's warranting a long look from the WJC scouting staff. Canucks prospect Marc-Andre Bernier was also on the depth chart, and has an outside chance of making the team.

~Canucklehead~

Brulé won't be there. He isn't even on Team WHL to play against Russia this month.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Van said:
My Disclaimer: I am only going with WHL choices as I do not see the OHL and QMJHL...my US College comment is based on my BCHL knowledge.

Surprises...Kyle Brodziak (Moose Jaw) and Lance Monych (Brandon) have all been playing extremely well to start off the season and could get invites to the December camp.

Crosby....should get an invite to the December camp. He will have to perform extremely well there to make the team.

Ian White back from injury...hard to say.

NHLers
Fleury: I think Lemieux might be smart enough to let him go, no matter how well he is playing for the Penguins.

Bergeron, Burns: It depends how well they are playing for their respective teams.

Bouchard: The Wild let him go last year, why not this year too?

Staal, Horton: Doubtful.

Nash: No chance in hell. The Blue Jackets said no last year, they will say no again this year.

NCAA other than Tambellini...

Brady Murray (North Dakota) should get an invite to the December camp. He was just named the WCHA Rookie Of The Week, and he is 2nd in UND Team Scoring with 8 points in the first 5 games of the season.

Crosby is the best player in the CHL at this point, he will be on the team for sure. Horton will go. Bouchard will not be available this year. Last year he was expendable because he was a rookie gaining more playing time and experience, this year he is playing to well. Nash and Staal will not be available. Fleury will not be going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad