Who will be better out of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
us88team said:
Parise,Ovechkin,Bourque,Malkin,Ladd,Suter,Montoya,Brown,Kesler,Fristche,or Fleury? :dunno:
In order
Ovechkin
Fleury
Malkin
Suter
Parise
Ladd- I'm not overly high on him, he's a solid player, but i'm not in love with his upside.
Brown
Montoya
Kesler
Fritsche
Bourque

Bourque's name doesn't belong

Last edited:

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
us88team said:
Parise,Ovechkin,Bourque,Malkin,Ladd,Suter,Montoya,Brown,Kesler,Fristche,or Fleury? :dunno:

Ovechkin (franchise)
MA Fleury (franchise)
Malkin (super star)
Parisé (super star) (however, really a boom or bust type of prospect)
Suter (Star)
Brown (1st line scoring foward (30G))
Ladd (1st line Two way foward (60pts))
Montoya (Good Starter (2nd third))
Fristche (2nd line playmaker (50pts))
Kessler (3rd line def foward (30 pts)) (he have def lack but have all the tools)
Bourque (could become one of the best player in ECHL history)

BJ21

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
BlackJack21 said:
Ovechkin (franchise)
MA Fleury (franchise)
Malkin (super star)
Suter (Star)
Kessler (3rd line def foward (30 pts)) (he have def lack but have all the tools)

BJ21

I think Parise is going to become a solid top 2 line guy. I dont think he will ever be included in the "superstar" grouping.

X-SHARKIE

BlackJack21 said:
Ovechkin (franchise)
MA Fleury (franchise)
Malkin (super star)
Suter (Star)

BJ21

Bourque has all the tools to be a very affective player in the NHL, he could be a great spark plug, he's small, but he's got excelent skill and he has grit.

Dustin Brown is just a banger, I don't see any saavy in this guy, I just can't see him ever being on the first line or coming close to 30 goals. He's got all the skill but he doesn't have the vision or awareness to be a scorer at the NHL level.

Kessler should put in around 45 points IMO.

I don't see Parise being boom or bust, he should boom, but if he doesn't he still should be a very effective player with his heart, speed, and skill, his work ethic on the ice is 2nd to none.

GoPenguins

Mar 29, 2003
Albany, NY
Visit site
For what its worth, (and as you can tell by my screen name and avatar I am not a fan of the Caps), I seem to recall reading that Chris Bourque has turned a lot of heads so far in the Caps organization. Now, granted their perspective is more than biast, but still, by all accounts he is showing some good skills and talent.

I just felt the ECHL comment was a little harsh :)

I agree with the general opinion that Ovechkin is tops, and Malkin and Fleury round out the top 3. I guess having 2 out of the top 3 isn't bad, especially if both players have the careers they are projected as having :)

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Bourque has all the tools to be a very affective player in the NHL, he could be a great spark plug, he's small, but he's got excelent skill and he has grit.

Dustin Brown is just a banger, I don't see any saavy in this guy, I just can't see him ever being on the first line or coming close to 30 goals. He's got all the skill but he doesn't have the vision or awareness to be a scorer at the NHL level.

Kessler should put in around 45 points IMO.

I don't see Parise being boom or bust, he should boom, but if he doesn't he still should be a very effective player with his heart, speed, and skill, his work ethic on the ice is 2nd to none.

I'm pretty sure Parise will boom too BTW... I was just saying that he have the skills to put 90 pts but can also be an average 2nd liner. It depend of the way he will adapt to the NHL style.

Kessler... my opinion is based on 3 or 4 game I saw... he seems to have all the speed and skills in the wolrd but cant put all of this toghether... ala Vaclav Nedorost or Rod Niedermeyer. Should become a def player IMO, but as i told you it's based on just a few game.

For Bourque and Brown, I'll take your opinion as ca$h, cause mine ise based other poeples comments. However I saw Brown play at WJCs but cant say much about it.

BJ21

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
GoPenguins said:
For what its worth, (and as you can tell by my screen name and avatar I am not a fan of the Caps), I seem to recall reading that Chris Bourque has turned a lot of heads so far in the Caps organization. Now, granted their perspective is more than biast, but still, by all accounts he is showing some good skills and talent.

I just felt the ECHL comment was a little harsh :)

I agree with the general opinion that Ovechkin is tops, and Malkin and Fleury round out the top 3. I guess having 2 out of the top 3 isn't bad, especially if both players have the careers they are projected as having :)

Chris Bourque was arguably the best player at the Caps' rookie camp. Fehr and Semin were out with injury, but the talent and depth of talent attending was stacked. IMO, he has the skill level and focus to be a vital player. I heard a lot of Dale Hunter comparisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad