Who was left of Canada's WJC list that should have been on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stidi

Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Wolski definitely. I cant believe they can affort to leave off the team. Give him to Finland. We could use him :sarcasm:

LHJMQFAN

Oct 30, 2004
Definitely for the Q , Sheppard and Gragnani should have been there. The only reason they choose Vlasic over Gragnani is because of the terrible Gragnani is on, he plays huge minutes and has averages more than a point a game despite a lousy Rocket team. Really, politics, politics, politics, it's disgusting. Sheppard too deserved to be there. Somehow the Maritimes teams are always the poor parents of this big family...

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
Heres one no one mentions...Kyle Moir, if youve watched his play for Swift Current, youd know why. He plays on a brutal team and stands on his head game in and game out. IMO hes one of the most underrated players in the WHL right now

boby

Oct 3, 2004
Certainly,ALEX BOURRET ,he is now since november the red hot players in the Q ,team canada pay for that :shakehead

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
boby said:
Certainly,ALEX BOURRET ,he is now since november the red hot players in the Q ,team canada pay for that :shakehead

Bourret is hot offensivly but he don't play with passion. He float a lot and don't give much bodycheck. He's extremelly talented but he must play like Saku Koivu not P-M Bouchard. I don't know much about the WHL and OHL players but I would not have invited Bourret ahead of Esposito, Brassard and Latendresse for sure.

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
What was the deal on Wolski anyways? I thought he was a lock for making the team and getting good minutes. Also disappointed that McArdle didn't get the nod.

Avery4Byng*

I think Mcardle is definately a bit of a bummer. I thoguht he had some decent tools for this tourney.
Dustni Boyd, having a great year in the dub, thought he would go to camp.
Mike Card, I think 4th in D-man scoring in the dub, great vision of the ice and good puck poise. I thought he might get an invite to camp.

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
tray said:
I think Mcardle is definately a bit of a bummer. I thoguht he had some decent tools for this tourney.
Dustni Boyd, having a great year in the dub, thought he would go to camp.
Mike Card, I think 4th in D-man scoring in the dub, great vision of the ice and good puck poise. I thought he might get an invite to camp.

Dustin Boyd is there

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I'll echo the others.

MA Gragnani should be there, especially with VLASIC being chosen. Ugh.

But, I can't imagine Vlasic making the team, and Gragnani likely wouldn't have either, so it is probably a moot point.

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
Matt MacInnis said:
I'll echo the others.

MA Gragnani should be there, especially with VLASIC being chosen. Ugh.

But, I can't imagine Vlasic making the team, and Gragnani likely wouldn't have either, so it is probably a moot point.
I'll just take this chance point out that you were correct about Fistric. I don't agree with their choice of Rogers and Schultz over Fistric, but that isn't the point. I'd like to say that this will teach me to keep my yap shut, but it won't. Still, credit to you for being right on Fistric (and we both lose points for considering Wolski a lock).

Evil Homer

Jan 18, 2003
Visit site
Does anyone have any insight or opinions on Wolski's exclusion? While no budding superstar, he is a solid 19 year old and Canada is generally a young team. He was good enough to make the Avalanche out of training camp, but not good enough to be invited to Canada's camp? Is he hurt?

skerbud

Feb 28, 2005
We proably all have names that should be on the list. Some kids that were invited in the summer had a great summer camp. were named to the Russian/Canada series and had great games there. But
Some how thats not enough. Suter and his assistants must have a game plan in mind to leave off the oh so obvious players in the three different leagues. I guess we will have to wait for January to come to see plan A in action. And if plan A is a flop( which we all have a feeling it will be) we will see plan B and that will be the team for next year worlds.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
Evil Homer said:
Does anyone have any insight or opinions on Wolski's exclusion? While no budding superstar, he is a solid 19 year old and Canada is generally a young team. He was good enough to make the Avalanche out of training camp, but not good enough to be invited to Canada's camp? Is he hurt?

He got on Sutter's bad list with a poor summer camp showing. He's got the talent and has proven to be able to play when it counts (in the NHL already) but there's some question regarding his work ethic, something the Canadians will need if they plan on winning this year.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Bourret for sure.
Bourret is the kind of player made for big games, playoff, tournaments.
There's 2 Bourrets

The one that when the game doesnt seem to count he seems lazy on the ice but still manage to get on the score sheet. Seems not interested to play. Look in the stands for cute girls.

The other one is the in your face powerfoward that play with emotion and dominate the ice. Lay monsters legal hits, use his awesome wrist shot and vision on the ice to score goals. His only limits are his teamates. He wants that every fan in the stand watch him play and dont look somewhere else. Like to bring emotion in the game.

Hockey Canada should have invited him.

That guy will make the NHL for sure.

*OvechKiN*

Nov 29, 2005
Dan Ryder!!!
Smart player that can play in any situation.
Also heard he is awesome in the face off circle

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Bourret for sure, when on is game he plays like a true power forward, he would have been great on our energy line. But I think that he is the only responsible for his non-selection, he is lazy at-times and didn't show up in good shape for his NHL training camp so why would Team Canada need a player who doesn't give his best every night...

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
He was the one that first came to mind. He can play in any situation. Really disappointed he isn't going to camp.

Bourret, Staal, Wolski and McGrath were also surprises.

But Brent Sutter is a masterful coach. He'll pick a TEAM that will surprise a lot of people.

wildone26*

I follow the Quebec League the most since I am from N.B. I can safely say nobody was left off that that I thought would make it, in fact 1 or 2 I thought might not did make it. Otherwise there are alot more new names, unlike last year where the top 30 candidates or more were all well known players(and almost none from the QMJHL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad