Speculation: Who wants James Reimer?

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I’ll start this one off by saying I’d rather the Canes hold onto Reimer as depth for the playoffs, but I think they’ll likely deal him once Mrazek proves he is healthy:

So, what do teams in need of a reliable backup (COL and TOR rumored) consider giving up for Reimer?

And for all the TOR fans thinking it, no, Andersen for Reimer doesn’t make any sense.

Canes likely looking for top 9 depth on expiring contracts, 3rd pair RD or a mid round pick that could be turned into a 3rd pair RD.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I think we would be interested but Andersen would need to go the other way which is not of interest for canes fans

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think a deal around andersen makes sense for both sides. Campbell has proven he is our goalie, and it would provide us with much needed cap-space. Carolina adds a goalie who could return to his prior form, and be a huge boost to them.

Andersen For Reimer and a late pick.
But the Canes have Mrazek coming back :huh:

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Again, Reimer for Andersen makes no sense for CAR.

PS-That’s not to say the Canes won’t be interested in Andersen as a UFA, but his taking on his extra cap hit and lackluster play this season for cheaper Reimer, who has better stats, makes no sense. Especially when Waddell has said the point of trading a goalie would be to clear some cap space.

Last edited:
Reactions: MinJaBen

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It would me sick to see Reimer back in Toronto, you want to talk about injury prone? look at him the wrong way and he gets hurt

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
As a Avs fans I’d hate to see him go, but JT Compher makes the most sense. He’s been on fire the past 5 games. But if it’s a top 9 forward he’s your guy. C/RW and pretty much the same AAV as Reimer. I think they are both about 3.5 a season.

But he’s a hell of a good young player. 35 points a season.

If only we could trust Grubauer not to get hurt.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I loved Pokey while he was here, but his day has come and gone.

I dont think James Reimer has any future whatsoever with the Leafs.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008

The Avs need a back up desperately. Grubauer leads the NHL in Starts/Minutes played, and he's overdue for his yearly injury. Colorado needs someone who can take the pressure off.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
As a Avs fans I’d hate to see him go, but JT Compher makes the most sense. He’s been on fire the past 5 games. But if it’s a top 9 forward he’s your guy. C/RW and pretty much the same AAV as Reimer. I think they are both about 3.5 a season.

You can't trust Reimer not to get hurt

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

Taking on Compher doesn’t make sense for CAR, or should I say, it doesn’t make sense to take on the extra years of his contract.

They’re likely dealing Reimer for cap room, not really interested in taking on $3.5M for 2 more years for 35pts a season especially when they have Hamilton and Svechnikov due new deals and Necas after next season.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

The Avs need a back up desperately. Grubauer leads the NHL in Starts/Minutes played, and he's overdue for his yearly injury. Colorado needs someone who can take the pressure off.

If we trade Reimer away, and I don't want to as I think he's played well for us, I hope it is to the Avs so he still has a chance at a cup. I'd hate to see him go to a team without any real shot this year.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I'd like to see Reimer dealt to Colorado for a 3rd or a 4th. There may be a deal around one of Colorado's depth forwards but I'm not sure that Compher is an upgrade over Foegele, McGinn, or Fast. I would hope that the Canes looking for a top-9 forward means they want to add more of an impact piece.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Again, Reimer for Andersen makes no sense for CAR.

PS-That’s not to say the Canes won’t be interested in Andersen as a UFA, but his taking on his extra cap hit and lackluster play this season for cheaper Reimer, who has better stats, makes no sense. Especially when Waddell has said the point of trading a goalie would be to clear some cap space.

Avs would probably be more likely to go for Reimer directly, but if that falls through maybe they can take on Andersen if there's some retention (and he's healthy).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: