Who shouldn't be on your Olympic Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsFan38

Apr 21, 2004
Jersey
For the US, one of the goalies should not be there. Hard to pick one, as none of them have been consistently good this year.

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
i dont care how good you are defensively Kris Draper should not be on team canada. His offensive numbers are disgusting. I would give all the reservee's and taxi squad guys dibs before him. He should not crack this line-up.

Phanuthier*

shawn_kemp said:
why are you all bashing Bertuzzi?

he's a great player and has a strong Canadian spirit
You mean besides having 2 major suspensions spanning 10+ games and once facing criminal charges, alongside another major suspension in junior hockey?

How about his famous quote to Minnisota "you might as well get out your golf clubs" when the Canucks were up 3-1... only to blow the series.

Or his hot-headed crap he pulls on the ice. I remember a game against the Flames, after he scores a goal, he taunts - get this, not the players or the Flames or even the fans - but the ref, "in yo' face" ?

I hope Bertuzzi can use that big frame of his to carry equipment and hockey sticks, because if I were coach, he would be eating pop corn up in the press box.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I think Bertuzzi's suspensions alone cover more then double the suspension of all other players on Team Canada. combined. :biglaugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
larsmark said:
Sweden: Mika Hannula, would rather see Marcus Nilsson, we need a bit more of his kind.

Who did Hannula sleep with to get on the squad? :confused: And why is Jorgen Johnsson always on the team? Anyways I hope the Sedins dont get shafted like they did at the World Cup.

Salming

Mar 17, 2002
Sweden
Visit site
Jorgen Jonsson will be a stud in the Olympics.

I kinda like the fact that Hannula is there. He won't see much ice time, but his speed and tenacity will be useful especially given the limited time he'll be on the ice.

But I'd rather see Nilsson there with his gritty, fearless style. Why not Nils Ekman? Or Hedström?

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
edd1e said:
For team Finland: Hentunen

Why? I personally think that he is goign to be a really good 3rd liner in the olympics :dunno:

He can forecheck, hustle, is great on his skates and even has some kind of a scoring touch.

Before the injuries to Ruutu and Kapanen I would've questioned Peltonen's presence on the team more. No need for his leadership with Koivu, Jokinen, Numminen, Selänne etc. on the team. But with the injuries that have happened, I'm satisfied with the team just like it is.

Jedrik

Aug 14, 2005
Phanuthier said:
You mean besides having 2 major suspensions spanning 10+ games and once facing criminal charges, alongside another major suspension in junior hockey?

How about his famous quote to Minnisota "you might as well get out your golf clubs" when the Canucks were up 3-1... only to blow the series.

Or his hot-headed crap he pulls on the ice. I remember a game against the Flames, after he scores a goal, he taunts - get this, not the players or the Flames or even the fans - but the ref, "in yo' face" ?

I hope Bertuzzi can use that big frame of his to carry equipment and hockey sticks, because if I were coach, he would be eating pop corn up in the press box.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I think Bertuzzi's suspensions alone cover more then double the suspension of all other players on Team Canada. combined. :biglaugh:

Yeah, but, do you like him?

Salming

Mar 17, 2002
Sweden
Visit site
I hate the fact that Finland always gets to play the role of the dangerous underdogs. When you look at their roster you soon realise that they might as well can win it all. (just don't try to hold a lead against Sweden)

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Lecavilier_4 said:
I really don't like sounding like a homer... but if you are going by ordinary season...

St. Louis (18-25-43, +6) *Played through an injury*
Iginla (25-18-43, +5)

Wow they are virtually identical...

Maybe Iginla should be kicked off the team as well? :sarcasm:
Nice job :handclap:

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
Lecavilier_4 said:
I really don't like sounding like a homer... but if you are going by ordinary season...

Iginla (25-18-43, +5)

Neither should be off the team IMO. St. Louis is a very good PKer and has a lot of speed for the big ice surface. Anybody wanting to get rid of St. Louis over Doan or Bertuzzi is crazy IMO. That being said, Iginla > St. Louis.

Vr00m

Feb 8, 2006
Danny__K said:
for canada

McCabe should not be there, the reason he is is because Quinn would be lynch in TO otherwise. In terms of talentwise he's probably outside the top 10.

You're entitled to your opinion but i strongly disagree. He knows that McCabe is not the best defenseman but excels on the powerplay. He will most likely be on the 3rd line but contribute greatly to canada's powerplay.

I don't think Todd Bertuzzi should be on Team Canada. He isn't exactly a great player, and unless you're a canucks fan, most people don't want someone like Bertuzzi representing our country. Especially with his reputation.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
On *my* Olympic team? McCabe wouldn't be there, and that's it. But that's just me; I understand why Team Canada has him there and I'll cheer for him anyway.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
Lecavilier_4 said:

Iginla (25-18-43, +5)

Fair enough, but outside the numbers Iginla does a whole lot more for a team than St. Louis. Even when Iginla isn't scoring he can still be a dominant player. I'm not sure if you can say the same for St. Louis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad