Speculation: Who should wear the "C" next year?

Who would you like to see be Capitano next season

• Stay with Mack

• Trocheck

• Barkov

• Yandle

• Ekblad

• Huberdaue

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sportpsych90

Dec 5, 2016
It does not seem like we have a clear cut choice for the teams captain next year. It would be interesting to see if someone stands out in this board or if opinions are pretty evenly split.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Yandle

1. He has experienced losing (Arizona Florida) and has experienced the most winning (obviously not a cup). But he has had the deepest PO runs.
2. He seems to be the most even/steady personality wise. You can be the engine that drives the team, but too much mouthing can get grating too.

Think of a coach like Sutter or something.

3. He is with us long-term so he fits timeline wise.

4. This is kind of like 2, but he doesnt seem to get too high or low, likely as he has seen close to the worst and a step down from the top.

Ive seen him defend and step up and be vocal when he needs too, and he is also vocal in the sense as being likeable (Batting confirmed this).

To me, he fits the bill the closest. He isnt the best player, also far from the worst.

He fits in my opinion.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Yandle - Veteran player who is well liked, vocal, good player.

Trocheck would be my second choice but he is always whining to the refs.

Reactions: klabob

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Trocheck's history of diving and letting his emotions get the best of him move the needle in Yandle's favor for me.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
It’s going to be 17 until he’s no longer an active player on the roster. It’s uncommon for players to be stripped of their captaincy. While it does happen, I don’t see that being the case here.

Reactions: patthebat

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
It’s going to be 17 until he’s no longer an active player on the roster. It’s uncommon for players to be stripped of their captaincy. While it does happen, I don’t see that being the case here.

If Joe Thornton and Two time cup winner Dustin Brown can lose their captain’s C pretty sure DMac could be stripped and left with an A.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
If Joe Thornton and Two time cup winner Dustin Brown can lose their captain’s C pretty sure DMac could be stripped and left with an A.
I agree. I also think 17 should be jettisoned to the moon. I just don’t think this organization is going to strip the C from 17 because it seems they value him more than anyone else.

Bobblebee

Formerly Optimus Reim
Dec 22, 2015
B.C.
Just a question. Is there any rumor to us taking the C off MacK? Or is this purely for conversation around the topic of captaincy.

Sportpsych90

Dec 5, 2016
Just a question. Is there any rumor to us taking the C off MacK? Or is this purely for conversation around the topic of captaincy.
No rumors just conversation. But from the looks of it there doesn't seem to be too many people who want him to stay captain for next season... here on the boards at least.

Reactions: Optimus Reim

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I think Trocheck should be captain solely based of the fact that he is clutch up the *** and that he seems like the player who would take so much pride in it. Plus he’s always running his mouth anyways.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
No rumors just conversation. But from the looks of it there doesn't seem to be too many people who want him to stay captain for next season... here on the boards at least.
Oh 100% but everyone here would also like to see Karlsson in a Panthers jersey, and that's about the same likelihood of Dmac being bought out. I think an interesting question to raise would be if he's going to be given another contract after next year

PC76

Aug 24, 2016
Captain Mac can not be in the lineup every night again next season......no way.
We have to get some production from the 4th line.

If he stays....take the C, get him a seat in the press box and make Yandle captain.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
vancouver-b-c-10-08-08-captain-canuck-vancouver-canuck-go.jpeg

Reactions: klabob

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Actually, no they cannot, not in an official way. Having a small C letter in your helmet does not count.

Yeah, I think that was their way of getting around the rules. No "C" on a goalie's chest, so they stuck it on the mask. And no thanks to that gongshow. I love Lu, but when you're a goalie you give up your ability to be a lettered player.

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->