Who should the Ducks take with the 16th pick?

Randall Graves*

Just curious at what you guys think would be good picks at 16.

Seems like Bill Sweatt is a kind of player the Ducks like is he a good possibility to be available? Could we finally see our scouting staff go euro and take a shot at a guy like Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i?

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
Depends on who's available, of course.These kinds of topics are tough to do unless it's in the 5 minutes between the 15th and the 16th picks. They'll probably end up taking someone who will develop in to a superstar, much like every other Duck prospect...lucky guys.

Maybe McDonough is around then? Don't know, but they should take a defenseman.

Randall Graves*

Depends on who's available, of course.These kinds of topics are tough to do unless it's in the 5 minutes between the 15th and the 16th picks. They'll probably end up taking someone who will develop in to a superstar, much like every other Duck prospect...lucky guys.

Maybe McDonough is around then? Don't know, but they should take a defenseman.
What about Petrecki if he's still around? Is he considered a high risk or a safe pick?

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
TBAY - Shane O'Brian trade.

did they get a first for him:biglaugh:

anyway. if there is no clear BPA i would go with a d-man. niedermayer and pronger arent getting any younger and in about 4-5 years when the guy they pick is ready to contribute they will probably be long gone. if shattenkirk is available i would go with him, if not. nick petrecki.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
What about Petrecki if he's still around? Is he considered a high risk or a safe pick?

sorry for dobbel posting. this came in while I wrote my post.

i think its safe to say he will play in the NHL. the question is will he be a good offensive player in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad