Line Combos: Who should Kyrou play with?

Who should Kyrou play with?

• Kyrou - ROR - Perron / Perron - ROR - Kyrou

• Schwartz - Schenn - Kyrou

• *insert plug here* - Bozak - Kyrou

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Lots of opinions on different forums. I'm not going to lose my mind if he starts out on the third line but I thought I'd try to narrow down the popular choices going forward. If you line combo is different from the options provided, please share.

Personally I would try:

Schwartz - Schenn - Kyrou

Seems like that right side has been a revolving door and IMO I haven't seen that much chemistry between the Sasky guys and Thomas. I would think Thomas could do well next to two other high IQ players in ROR in Perron although someone would have to move over to the left side - perhaps Perron since he's done it in the past?

Perron - ROR - Thomas

Not exactly Berube's style to put two 20 year olds in the top 6 but if there was a time for it, I'd say now would be a good opportunity for that kind of trial. What is everyone else's lineup ideas? Obviously there will be a lot of different looks throughout the year...

Last edited:

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
He should get a look on one of those two top lines, but I think we'll see a Barbashev-Bozak-Kyrou line. I honestly wouldn't mind that as Barbashev/Bozak have been pretty solid as a 3rd line in the past few weeks

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Without breaking up the 10-17 and 90-57 pairs, I'd keep trying different combinations until something clicked.

Schwartz / Schenn / Kyrou
Perron / O'Reilly / Kyrou
Barbashev / Thomas / Kyrou

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Thomas worked well with Schwartz and Schenn so easy pick to slide Kyrou with ROR and Perron.

Code:
Schwartz - Schenn - Thomas
Kyrou - ROR - Perron

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
We've got the answer:

Per JR: #stlblues morning skate lineup in Buffalo ...

Perron-O’Reilly-Bozak
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Barbashev-Thomas-Brouwer
MacEachern-de la Rose-Poganski

Parayko- Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester-Faulk
Dunn-Bortuzzo

Allen

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I’m not sure where he slots in for his first game up, but I predict many on here will complain about his minutes being too low and his line mates not being talented enough.
Well now that we see his linemates, I think the only question will be his minutes. Double digits and I'll be satisfied(unless we're on the PK a bunch or something).

I liked Berube's quote this morning about how he's a top scorer in the AHL and that's the type of player he needs to play with.

EDIT: In Walker's first game up he played very well and played exactly 10 minutes. Maybe I'm hoping for too much, but considering he's starting with Schwartz and Schenn, he'll get plenty of ice at least at the start.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Kyrou is on PP2 too. My guess is he gets decently sheltered minutes 5 on 5 with a couple extra minutes on the PP for a total of somewhere in the range of 10-12 minutes.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
What we saw tonight was not the real Master Kyrou. He was projecting himself to fool his enemies.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Kryou definitely has potential, I'd like to see him play with O'Rielly and Perron. He's a skill guy that likes to make plays and his speed will help ROR and DP.

Bozak has looked good with Schwartz and Schenn and he can play the cycle game that they like to play and is a better fit with them.

Zizzle

Oct 29, 2019
Schenn-Schwartz-Bozak
DP57-ROR-Kyrou
Barby-Thomas-Brouwer
McKenzie-DLR- Walker

When Steen, Sunny, Sanford return then brouwer, dlr, walker dont play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad