Who should Anaheim draft at 19?

• Thread starter Randall Graves*
  • Start date

Randall Graves*

What type of player should we expect to be there? Could a guy like Frolik or even Tlusty fall? What about guys like Corey Emmerton, Ty Wishart and Patrik Berglund? I rather not see a goalie taken but I guess it's possible the scouting staff could take Bernier.

Also if any of you have any player comparisons for prospective picks that'd be cool as well.

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
I don't think Frolik, Tlusty or Wishart will be there at 19, but that's just me.

Emmerton would be a good bet. Bernier and Berglund are both maybes.

digitalmonkey*

Anaheim should draft Bernier if he is still available.

sammyp

Dec 2, 2005
Laguna Niguel, CA
digitalmonkey said:

Goalies after picks 1-5 in the draft are a crapshoot. I'd much rather select a skater with my top picks and take my chances on a goalie later in the draft.

Randall Graves*

digitalmonkey said:
I rather not, Bryzgalov is what, 25? McKee is a pretty decent prospect. I'd like to see a good defensemen drafted but I also wouldn't mind a speedy forward.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
In my first mock, I had the Ducks taking Berglund. I like his size and think he would be a nice compliment to Getzlaf down the middle. If he's there I think he would be a good fit, but they could also use a stay-at-home defenceman if one is available.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
I wouldn't draft Bernier at 19, I don't to waste a 1st rounder on a goalie unless he's a 'can't miss' prospect like Lehtonen.

Wishart would be nice but probably gone before Ducks pick.

I'd love to see Oksopo in Ducks...

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
If Ivan Vishnevski is there at 19, he would be a good pick for the Ducks. He's offensive and a great skater, and he has adjusted well to the NA lifestyle and the smaller rinks, and would be NHL ready in a year or two.

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Jovofan said:
In my first mock, I had the Ducks taking Berglund. I like his size and think he would be a nice compliment to Getzlaf down the middle. If he's there I think he would be a good fit, but they could also use a stay-at-home defenceman if one is available.

Agreed. If Tlusty, Sheppard, Little and Frolik are taken, I hope the Canucks take Berglund at 14. If he's avaliable at 19, I take him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->