Who`s the best off. defenseman prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensGod

Feb 27, 2002
Scotia Bank Place
Visit site
go pierre hedin said:
Daley's in the same class as Ian White... their names don't belong here. There are atleast a dozen or two that are better then Daley offensively alone.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with this at all. Daley is going to be a damned good Dman in the future and is being under rated quite a bit on these boards.

leafaholix*

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Trevor Daley is one of the best skaters I've seen in junior hockey... but he really hasn't proven any more then Ian White even though he's older then Ian.

Then this guy jumps and says Daley's better then Colaiacovo.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
go pierre hedin said:

Trevor Daley is one of the best skaters I've seen in junior hockey... but he really hasn't proven any more then Ian White even though he's older then Ian.

Show me where I said that? All I showed you is that Daley is actually a lot better then you've given him credit for. Yet you do not seem to think his name should be mentioned in this thread, while in fact was one of the most offensively gifted defenseman prospect in the OHL, if not, the, most offensively gifted. His name should be mentioned a lot more in this thread then Cola, considering this thread goes about offensively defensemen..

RokhedCommish

Sep 11, 2002
Alberta, Canada
www.Rokhed.ca
good thread...for offensive, i would have to say Pitkanen. Really think he may be the next gonchar. Now if we are talking all around quality young defensemen I would have to go with Jordan Leopold hands down! I have seen him play many times in Calgary and his smarts on the defensive end is exceptional. PLUS in the offensive zone, he may not have the goals now, but he has definitely kept alot of pressure in the off zone by knowing where to be on the blueline. He RARELY gets fooled and has to be one of the smartest blueliners i have ever seen at his experience level. Also of mention would be Liles (learning with Blake, one of the best) and David Hale on NJ (learning in one of the best defensive oriented teams of the decade!

RokhedCommish

Sep 11, 2002
Alberta, Canada
www.Rokhed.ca
Modano = God said:
You are too easy..

You mentioned how Daley didn't make team Canada, while White did. You seemed to value that as a legit reason, while in fact it means absolutely nothing, as the Poti/Hatcher example shows. And there are many more..

Offensively, Daley is better then Cola by a good margain as my statistics showed, I can't believe how you can even deny that. Much less when you consider that Daley plays in the NHL right now (on a deeper defensive team), Cola does not..

Another intersting tidbit you have forgotten:

:::LINK:::

Modano...dont even bother trying to argue with a Leafs fan regarding a Leafs prospect. They all think their team's prospects are the best in the nation. The same way they all think the Leafs are "Canada's Team" {PUKE} Yep, the entire nation revolves around Toronto! {roll eyes}

slimer

Jul 8, 2003
I haven't seen Backman's name yet. He deserves some consideration. He has 10 pts. in only 31 games so far this season, and with the way he has been improving, I would expect those numbers to improve rapidly as well. Also, his ice time is starting to increase which should help his point per game numbers. He has been averaging 15+ min per game, but in recent games it has been alot closer to 20 min per with some PP time as well.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
go pierre hedin said:

One other supposition to consider, is that if Daley were 6'2 215 he would have been drafted much higher.

He is IMO a better offensive D-man and definatley deserves mention in this thread.

4:20

Mar 23, 2002
B.C.
Visit site
Modano = God said:
You mentioned how Daley didn't make team Canada, while White did. You seemed to value that as a legit reason, while in fact it means absolutely nothing, as the Poti/Hatcher example shows. And there are many more..

Offensively, Daley is better then Cola by a good margain as my statistics showed,

The fact alone that Daley plays in the NHL and Cola doesn't makes him better

This is not a very strong argument because it is easy to find an example of a player who did not do as well as another player early in their career but then went on to have a better career.

If you changed the players in the example the same argument could also be used against all of your points (or any point!). I am sure anyone could find an example of two players where the one who had the lower career PPG in junior turned out to be the better player, or where the guy who did not crack an NHL roster until he was older than another guy still turned out better.

This argument is really nothing more than empty rhetoric.

These arguements are a little better:

Modano = God said:
He also twice finished finished as the runner up as the best offensive defenseman. Daley also was his team MVP is 3 of 4 seasons, including as a rookie.

named OHL Player of the Week for Feb. 25 in 2000-01 after recording hat tricks in two consecutive games.[/I]

Got named OHL rookie All-Star, alongside Rostislav Klesla in 2000.

But they still don't prove that Daley is better than Colaiocovo.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Why no Paul Martin love. Hes got a couple of goals and 7 assists i think. Pretty good playing in D minded Jersey. Probally not the' best but should be mentioned as one of the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad