Who replaces Goodenow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
BlueShirt said:
Gartner would get my vote. You need a former player in that position. I would like to see Bettman gone too. I don't think he is good for the game. Grets would be my choice for commish. He is the hockey ambassador.
I would agree that Gartner should get some serious consideration. As for the Commissioner, Gretzky wouldn't touch that job, because it is a position that requires a man to do a job, and then most likely get reamed for it. Say what you will about Bettman, but he doesn't fear the wrath of those who are against him. He has a job to do, and that is to represent what the owners want.

Bettman and the owners got taken to the cleaners in the '95 Lockout, but I think that if this proposed deal gets done, that the same could be said for Goodenow and the PA this time around.

While I don't agree with how everything was played out, ultimately the owners got what they wanted. I don't think the cap number is a big concern at this stage, because atleast they now have a cap, and that will never change. If in six years the owners feel it's not working, then they can bring it down a bit more.

Jaysfanatic*

Puckhead said:
Are you saying Saskin as in you believe he will take over? or you want him to take over?

I for one absolutely loathe Ted Saskin! He is a weasel, and has very little respect for anyone who against his plight, and resorts to name calling and childish behaviour when debating his points. If Goodenow goes, Saskin better be going with him!

hear hear! Ted Saskin is a little weasel, everytime I see him on TV, I feel like punching him......and Goodenow.....I don't get that with Daly, he's the one in this entire process that I actually like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->