Who played themselves out of the doghouse?

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
We tend to require pretty good performances out of the players here. I myself have noticed many players play themselves into the doghouse after either promising starts or prospect honeymoons. But the other direction? That's much rarer.

To you, who has played themselves "the best" out of the doghouse?

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Followup Question: Who THIS Season do you consider as being in the DogHouse?

Manning?
Sanheim?
Lehtera?
Read?

Morin?
Lindblom?

... Does anyone believe any Player has been scratched due to getting on the wrong side of Management this Season?

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Manning
MacDonald
Weise

Are the only 3 that will start and end season in doghouse.

Filppula
Lehtera
Elliott
Neuvirth

Are the only other candidates.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
We tend to require pretty good performances out of the players here. I myself have noticed many players play themselves into the doghouse after either promising starts or prospect honeymoons. But the other direction? That's much rarer.

To you, who has played themselves "the best" out of the doghouse?
Small sample size, but I guess Laughton.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Small sample size, but I guess Laughton.

He's a great choice, there aren't any current Flyers who have done a better job turning around management opinion on his prospects for an NHL role. I think fan opinion agrees, his full season 2 years ago had little of the appreciation this one has so far delivered.

Brayden Fattison

Mar 4, 2013
The whole Laughton line. Some people were really down on Raffl, and Leier was considered by most to be a career AHL'er.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
The whole Laughton line. Some people were really down on Raffl, and Leier was considered by most to be a career AHL'er.

Yeah, I get it.

I don't think Raffl never really had management's disdain...no doghouse for him. Having the "people's" disdain is simply part of being an NHL player, no-one escapes that criticism...and I expect he will just continue to perform at highest end of lower-skill NHL-ers filling in roles wherever they are asked to. I am sorry he has no points yet to show for his hard work and acceptance of his new role.

Leier never made it to the doghouse...this is his coming out party!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad