Speculation: Who needs a goalie?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Detroit definitely needs a backup or even a #1b type goalie since Howard is always hurt

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We’re fine with Talbot as starter, he figured his **** out towards the end of the season.

What we need is an NHL quality backup/1B guy to push Talbs and not sewer the season if Talbot gets hurt by throwing up seven .875 starts - thanks Brossoit.

Not an AHLer that can’t hack it at the NHL level, not Al Montoya or a host of other scrubs. Ideally we’d want a Varlamov/Bernier situation.
Did he?
He allowed 3.38 GAA from March 1st on.

Oilers will need a starter starting 2019-2020 cause I can't see Talbot bouncing back enough to get a starter contract again.

Oilers still need a goalie

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Price will be on the move

He came back to get the all time games played record for Montreal and his dumbass GM threw him under the bus repetitively during his end of year presser

It will be PK all over again

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Did he?
He allowed 3.38 GAA from March 1st on.

Oilers will need a starter starting 2019-2020 cause I can't see Talbot bouncing back enough to get a starter contract again.

Oilers still need a goalie

I don’t put a lot of stock in GAA.

Around halfway through the season Talbot was rocking a shiny .898 SV%. He finished the year at .908. Yes he was getting scored on a lot, but the team in front of him wasn’t helping much.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Trading Holtby and keeping GruBauer would be so bad for the caps.

I don’t disagree, but I suppose it could happen.

This is a big playoffs for Holtby. He had a rough year, but if he plays well in the playoffs, he may stay there. If he doesn’t, he may be on a new team next year.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Washington make significant changes if they lose in round 1.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary’s got their future starter in house in Gilles/Parsons, IMO. They brought in Smith as a stop gap and for most of the season he was pretty good.

Thanks but Gillies a suspect not a prospect. Parsons had a bad start so it's up in the air with him also.

Calgary definite should look at a goalie....Smith is showing sign of breaking down...he is 36

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

This is a big playoffs for Holtby. He had a rough year, but if he plays well in the playoffs, he may stay there. If he doesn’t, he may be on a new team next year.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Washington make significant changes if they lose in round 1.

You are kidding yourself if you think Capitals would trade Holtby and keep Grubauer. The asking price for Holtby is going to be sky high because he is still extremely valued in Washington. Think what Schneider returned and then the kind of value his 3 recent top-4 Vezina finishes add to that, and what you have is a price no team will pay for a goalie.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
The Blues are making an upgrade in goal next year.

extreme-shooter-tutor.jpg

Ummmmm, those pads are huge! NHL will frown on those!

Reactions: 67Blues

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
You are kidding yourself if you think Capitals would trade Holtby and keep Grubauer. The asking price for Holtby is going to be sky high because he is still extremely valued in Washington. Think what Schneider returned and then the kind of value his 3 recent top-4 Vezina finishes add to that, and what you have is a price no team will pay for a goalie.
Agree 100%. I think the PO start was designed to give Grubauer a chance and change things up. It would have been great had Grubauer taken the reigns but he also got a chance. I don't think trading Holtby has really ever been in the Caps contingencies.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Flyers are set with Elliott and Neuvirth. Hextall is too proud and stubborn to trade one of his guys. Alex Lyon will probably get traded to become number three for someone or dirt cheap backup on this with no capspace.

Mrazek is definitely hitting free agency, but his decision might depend on who the goaltending coach is.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

Carey Price had a terrible year
Scheinder also
Holtby also

Literally all fans of those teams want them to be traded (which btw im a habs fan and i want to trade price not because of the contract or bad season but because hes a such a 10 year olds kid when hes mad)

Holtby made this comeback possible against the jackets . U dont want a Cam talbot 2.0

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Carey Price had a terrible year
Scheinder also
Holtby also

Literally all fans of those teams want them to be traded
(which btw im a habs fan and i want to trade price not because of the contract or bad season but because hes a such a 10 year olds kid when hes mad)

Holtby made this comeback possible against the jackets . U dont want a Cam talbot 2.0
Not even a little bit. I'm guessing you don't understand the meaning of literally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad