Who is your MLB team?

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
My favorite teams are anybody that beats the NY teams and gets them out of my news cycle as fast as possible.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
I forgot to include an option for those who don't care about baseball.

Not only do I not like baseball, but I'm so conditioned to hate NY hockey teams that the dislike extends to all of the NY sports teams for me. New Yorkers do not care one whit about us so I extend the same courtesy to them.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
nyy_1200x630.jpg

thecoffeecake

Mar 19, 2012
Toms River, NJ
Not only do I not like baseball, but I'm so conditioned to hate NY hockey teams that the dislike extends to all of the NY sports teams for me. New Yorkers do not care one whit about us so I extend the same courtesy to them.

This is how my love for one of the NY teams died as I got older. My disdain for all things New York and my eventual move to Philadelphia drove me to the Phillies. I missed baseball so much for so many years. It is still kind of hard for me to understand how proud New Jerseyan Devils fans can avidly support New York sports. But, you could say the same about Philadelphia, I suppose.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ

Fully agree, but I'm still a Mets fan. I just don't go to many games, buy much merchandise, and I always wear a Devils hat to the games I do attend

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Colorado Rockies :laugh:

My condolences. Great baseball city, great ballpark and place to see a game, passionate and loyal fanbase, terrible and cheap ownership and management. Must be related to Karmanos. They need to throw the bums out already up there.

Mets for me, I'm a pretty fairweather fan at this point. I don't really have time to watch much baseball, as I try to be out during baseball season as much as I can. I also can't really watch anything other than the Rays or sometimes Marlins here at home. My buddy has the extra innings packed or whatever, I can watch at his house if I'm over there. I'll be watching the Mets playoff games, since they'll be aired nationally.

Was a diehard up until 12 years old. I think I even liked baseball more than hockey as a really young child.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Fully agree, but I'm still a Mets fan. I just don't go to many games, buy much merchandise, and I always wear a Devils hat to the games I do attend

I'm from li so I go to 5 or so games a season... but whenever I go I either have my devils hat on or player tshirt.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013

The islanders aren't that bad...ok maybe I'm biased being from the island and used to go to many games at the colisuem. I can watch them play anyone (providing the devils aren't on), but won't step foot into the dump above penn unless the devils are there. So clearly I don't fit your statement of new Yorkers not caring about jerseys sports.

thecoffeecake

Mar 19, 2012
Toms River, NJ
I was a big time Yanks and Braves fan as a kid.
Lost most interest around college.

My Devils fandom has never wavered though.

Same, I never lost interest in the Devils or hockey. If we had an MLB squad in Jersey, it would've been the same story. The Mets leaving Shea is what I look back on as the time I started drifting away, I was in high school. I loved where I came from too much, and it started to feel like an unnatural relationship.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Other: Cardinals fan

My mom grew up in southern Illinois and everything is Cards down there, so that's what I grew up on. I've been loving this Jays run, though. Maybe I just like birds?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad