Who is this Malkin guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Sum1winachampionship said:
So what are good stats in that league? Is a point per game unheard of there or what
the stats in the rsl have me baffled. a guy like kovalchuk is struggling with 5 goals, 10 pts in something like 18 games, where someone like pavel rosa has like 13 goals. both malkin and ovechkin are doing quite well in a league that has been infused with quite a bit of NHL talent.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Dark Metamorphosis said:
the stats in the rsl have me baffled. a guy like kovalchuk is struggling with 5 goals, 10 pts in something like 18 games, where someone like pavel rosa has like 13 goals. both malkin and ovechkin are doing quite well in a league that has been infused with quite a bit of NHL talent.

A way different league... RSL is more defensive, but very exciting. To play in the RSL it takes time to adapt... Give Kovalchuk sometime, he hasn't been in the Russian league for a while.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Chimaera said:
Glad to hear it.

Did you go to the games? Or is there a website where I can see some links?

I Saw him in person at the Draft and he's really thin. He couldn't have topped 200 on his frame soaking wet.
Slay had a few on his server from this season. Don't recall the links, but they're in the Russia forum somewhere.

Reilly311

regardless of how low Kovalchuks stats are, I don't think anyone is going to put his potential into question.

Riggs

Apr 6, 2004
Pittsburgh
Jacobv2 said:
Slay had a few on his server from this season. Don't recall the links, but they're in the Russia forum somewhere.

The links are in the Metallurg Mg. - Spartak thread in the Russian forum.

Crossroads*

Reilly311 said:
regardless of how low Kovalchuks stats are, I don't think anyone is going to put his potential into question.

Says Captain Obvious.

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
Chimaera said:
Did you go to the games? Or is there a website where I can see some links?

I've watched his last three games and am very impressed by his play. He has excellent hands, good speed, and strong hockey sense... I've seen a couple 'Gretzky-type' passes from him that fool even the recievers.

As impressed as I've been with Ovechkin for years, I do now think it possible that Malkin could have a similar long term impact. Surely, the Penguins were not the 'losers' in a true sense after the lottery.

(Note: All of Mettalurg's home games can be watched live at www.mettalurg.ru... only the quality is less than good if you're not near Russia, and it can be hard to get back on if you're disconnected well into a game.)

likea

Jul 9, 2004
Smart Alek said:
I've watched his last three games and am very impressed by his play. He has excellent hands, good speed, and strong hockey sense... I've seen a couple 'Gretzky-type' passes from him that fool even the recievers.

As impressed as I've been with Ovechkin for years, I do now think it possible that Malkin could have a similar long term impact. Surely, the Penguins were not the 'losers' in a true sense after the lottery.

(Note: All of Mettalurg's home games can be watched live at www.mettalurg.ru... only the quality is less than good if you're not near Russia, and it can be hard to get back on if you're disconnected well into a game.)

hey, can u finish that link for us

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
likea said:
hey, can u finish that link for us

Sorry... I had spelt it wrong... it's www.metallurg.ru... at game time, the first story on the site will be the streaming video. Just click on the 'clickable' part of the story and it will open up your Realplayer.

You can get the schedule for their games at www.rushockey.com... (the teams on the left of the schedule are the home teams).

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Thanks slay for the clip. Malkin reminds me so much of Mats Sundin back when he was with Quebec. It seems like he has the same type of attitude too and will make for C material in the future.

Jacques Plante

Aug 29, 2004
Montreal--Downtown
I remember hearing Pierre Mcguire talk about Kovalchuk a couple of weeks ago. He said that the reason Kovalchuk isn't scoring is because he isn't working. As much as I love watching his exciting style, I have to believe Pierre is right. Illya has had a few run-ins with Hartley already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad