Who is the hardest worker in NHL history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Bucky and Smyl were who I was thinking of when I entered but I'll mention someone who nobody suspects:

Markus Naslund. He trains more than he sleeps. When other kids were out with girls growing up, Naslund was staying for hours after practice to skate and shoot pucks. He worked extremely hard to get where he is today, where he's a model of consistency. It just doesn't show because he isn't a grinder. There's more to heart than hitting people!

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
There's more to heart than hitting people![/QUOTE]

Amen to that. Same could be said about defensive game.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Jiri Fischer comes to mind.

Not hockey related: He, during the summer of 04, instead of going on a holiday, went and finished his high school in the CZE Republic (which he didnt do cause he went to the QMJHL) instead of going on a holiday.

Doesnt drink, smoke and works out every day. Hes a machine.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I think it's also appropriate, in my mind anyway, to also put Willie O'Ree in this group.

It had to take unbelieveable hardwork, will power, and determination just to get into and stay in the league.

Consider he couldn't stay in the same hotels. Couldn't even ride with them on the same cab or eat in the same places. He had to be part of a team yet do it alone.

In some places he had to change seperately or go use a "colored" restroom during between periods.

I know it's a different kind of hardwork that was intended here but i feel this is right up there.

I don't know many men that could do it.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Not all time but currently id have to say Daymond Langkow should get a mention.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Five more guy that need to be mentioned:
Gary Roberts
Dirk Graham
Jean Pronovost
Kirk Muller
Brian Propp

jb**

interminded said:
Don't know if he's the greatest, but Lidstrom does play a few games every season.... ;)
The beer vendor, hands down, no comparisions

Little Wing

Jul 17, 2004
Desert-ed
Mark Messier One of the hardest working players of all time
Bobby Clarke And Bill Barber Worked real hard trying to keep up with the islander dynasty
Larry Robinson no-one stood in front of the net or went into the corners with mr. Robinson bearing down on them
Darryl Sittler
all those old islanders they were blue collar

Marcus-74

Apr 27, 2005
Bobby Clarke.

You know, that awful, unskilled player who murdered Valeri Kharlamov... or something :p:

KariyaIsGod*

HabsBaby18 said:
Mike Ribeiro

True...

He has a perfect attendance record for his acting classes at the Montreal School of Drama.

Best of all, we're already seeing the brilliant results..

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Marcus-74 said:
Bobby Clarke.

You know, that awful, unskilled player who murdered Valeri Kharlamov... or something :p:
As much as some on this site blow that incedent out of proportion you would think that Clarke murdered him :shakehead

Wetcoaster

c-carp said:
As much as some on this site blow that incedent out of proportion you would think that Clarke murdered him :shakehead
No just intentionally injured him and put him out of commission on orders from John Ferguson (Sr.).

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
c-carp said:

They`d probably respect Clarke if he kicked Kharlamov instead.

On the subject of hard workers, it seems like everybody is choosing checkers, but finesse players can work just as hard, it just looks easier. Jean Ratelle was one of the hardest workers ever. Remember the effort he put out in his late 30s with the Bruins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad