12) Tyler Tucker - 30%
13) Vadim Zherenko - 46%
14) Leo Loof - 25%
15) Quinton Burns - 36%
16) Matthew Kessel - 39%

JoernAZ

Bluenotes
Oct 19, 2018
As Kessel finally went, I'd go for Kaskimaki. Hoping he soldifies further in Scandinavian hockey, adding experience, icetime and then again further development. Robertsson is next. Hoping he slides back into contention after a couple of years in Sweden losing confidence. Its a make or break season for him this year. I hope for the latter... 👌

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
As Kessel finally went, I'd go for Kaskimaki. Hoping he soldifies further in Scandinavian hockey, adding experience, icetime and then again further development. Robertsson is next. Hoping he slides back into contention after a couple of years in Sweden losing confidence. Its a make or break season for him this year. I hope for the latter... 👌
The latter? Why you want to break him?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Went Kaskimaki here, liked what I saw from him in limited minutes at the last WJC (hoping he will feature prominently for Finland this year and make a real impact).

I think Fischer has the potential to surprise and carve out a nice pro career...hopefully in the NHL for the Blues.

Reactions: Blueston

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Went with MAG again. He had a great year last year. And I think playing in the AHL will be a step up in competition for him.

Biggest issue at this point is I don’t know enough about Korom…. I have not been impressed with Kasti.

I don’t understand the hype around Robertsson. At some point you actually need to produce stats. This mystical shot/offense actually needs to start producing. For those voting for him, please explain to me why you pick him. I am clearly missing something that you are seeing.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I’m looking for Dickinson to finally throw the injury woes behind him and take a jump forward to reassert himself as a legit NHL prospect. He puts in his pants one leg at a time, but when they’re on he lays gold records!

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Went with MAG again. He had a great year last year. And I think playing in the AHL will be a step up in competition for him.

Biggest issue at this point is I don’t know enough about Korom…. I have not been impressed with Kasti.

I don’t understand the hype around Robertsson. At some point you actually need to produce stats. This mystical shot/offense actually needs to start producing. For those voting for him, please explain to me why you pick him. I am clearly missing something that you are seeing.
With Robertson he has the highest upside of this group (of the prospects on my radar). But, his lack of production this past year has him slide down my rankings heavily (regardless of the talent we added). One more year like that and I will keep him of my radar entirely. I am willing to see what this year holds before making that call.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
With Robertson he has the highest upside of this group (of the prospects on my radar). But, his lack of production this past year has him slide down my rankings heavily (regardless of the talent we added). One more year like that and I will keep him of my radar entirely. I am willing to see what this year holds before making that call.

Yeah this seems to be a make or break year for him. We'll find out if his development has actually stalled or if injuries/covid disruptions threw him off and he's hopefully finally ready to prove it.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
i'm not seeing that he has highest upside at all. robertsson seems to have 3rd line winger upside. kaskimaki at least projects as 3rd line center. and some of the remaining d (koromyslov and gaudet) project as top 4 upside. now all might fall short- we re in late teens at this point so wouldn't be surprising- but if folks want someone who can potentially make highest impact, robertsson seems like odd choice.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
i'm not seeing that he has highest upside at all. robertsson seems to have 3rd line winger upside. kaskimaki at least projects as 3rd line center. and some of the remaining d (koromyslov and gaudet) project as top 4 upside. now all might fall short- we re in late teens at this point so wouldn't be surprising- but if folks want someone who can potentially make highest impact, robertsson seems like odd choice.
It’s not an odd choice at all. Robertsson has similar ceilings to all those guys you just mentioned, but also a higher floor. I feel pretty good that he at least makes the NHL as a 4th liner. I am not confident any of the others even become NHL’ers.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
It’s not an odd choice at all. Robertsson has similar ceilings to all those guys you just mentioned, but also a higher floor. I feel pretty good that he at least makes the NHL as a 4th liner. I am not confident any of the others even become NHL’ers.
not following this line of thought at all. his floor is he never makes nhl. he isn't even a good swedish league player yet. so seems like he has lower ceiling and similar/lower floor than some of the other remaining guys. not saying he won't exceed expectations and become valuable player, but it's a longshot and i keep seeing justifications (higher ceiling, higher floor) that don't ring true.

Reactions: tfriede2

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I just don’t really see it with Robertsson, but my viewings were pretty much limited to WJC so small sample size. Just didn’t see anything very promising from him…would love to be wrong tho

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
not following this line of thought at all. his floor is he never makes nhl. he isn't even a good swedish league player yet. so seems like he has lower ceiling and similar/lower floor than some of the other remaining guys. not saying he won't exceed expectations and become valuable player, but it's a longshot and i keep seeing justifications (higher ceiling, higher floor) that don't ring true.
You can say the exact same stuff about the other players you’re bringing up. Seems like you’re arguing over nothing tbh. The difference between any of them is minimal.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
You can say the exact same stuff about the other players you’re bringing up. Seems like you’re arguing over nothing tbh. The difference between any of them is minimal.
You said his floor is nhl player. I disagreed. Isn’t that the point of these polls, to debate our choices?

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
He has the skill to be more. I am not high on him reaching that but I am not that high on anyone left reaching too high up in the lineup. There are some low ceiling players and some mid ceiling players that need to make moderate strides and some higher ceiling players with a ton of holes. At this point I just hope that one of these guys that follows becomes a meaningful contributor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad