11) Juraj Pekarcik - 37%
12) Tyler Tucker - 30%
13) Vadim Zherenko - 46% (not final)

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
It’s still burns for me. By quite a bit at this point. Feel like folks are sleeping on him since they haven’t seen as much of him.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Damn. What's his name finally won. I have to think again. Umm. We are at the part where all the players run together. I vote Vorobyov.

Vorobyov did well after being traded in VHL. But mostly it's positive word of mouth from prospect camp.

It’s still burns for me. By quite a bit at this point. Feel like folks are sleeping on him since they haven’t seen as much of him

Despite Blueston's insinuations and gossip. I did not sleep with Burns. I would have voted for him if I had. I just think he is another 1-dimensional limited lhd amongst a glut of those in our pool. Good skating, Good defense both positioning and stick, poor transition game and poor offense. He seems to max out as a 3rd pairing defensive D who needs a puck mover on his pair to be useful. That could change, but that's how I see it on, yes. Limited viewings

choosing Vrbo
To be fair, we are at the point where a good vacation rental could be more valuable than any of these prospects. But why not AirBnB?

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Going to join Blueston on the Burns train. We’re at the stage of choosing between a handful of 3rd rounders and guys who have increased their stock a bit to be about that same level now.

Burns is solid all-around and quite nasty. Definitely an edge to his game. He looked good for Canada in the U18s until he got injured and replaced by Morin.

Regarding Vorobyov, I only saw the final scrimmage of Prospect Camp so will have to mostly defer to those that were able to attend in person but my recollection of how his play was described was that he absolutely stood out as offensively talented but also stood out as giving near zero effort defensively. If he’s not willing to back check against teenagers in front of execs he’s trying to impress, then I see issues with him figuring that out in the pro game. You have to be REALLY REALLY good offensively to justify being an absolute liability defensively. Vorobyov appears to have good skill but not to the level that he’d be able to make it without severely improving his two-way game. I’ve moved him up on my list but not to this range yet.

After Burns, I have Loof. Pretty similar players IMO.

And then I see Dickinson, Gaudet, Kessel and Koromyslov in this tier as well.

Robertsson, Kaskimaki and Vorobyov in the next tier with Stancl, Malmstrom, Beck, Peterson and Fischer.

Reactions: Blueston

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It’s one of the d-men. Kessel, Burns or Loof.

I went Kessel just because I think he’s the safest bet / closest to being an NHL’er.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Went loof, I think his physicality and skating combined with near NHL readiness gives him a chance to be a regular, even if it’s a bottom pair role, i see a gunnarsson Esque type of guy with some extra physicality. I don’t trust kessel carving out an NHL career on a regular basis.

Others I contemplated but are much further away are Burns, Koromyslov, Vorobyov and Dickinson.

I’ve honestly never been this excited about our #14-20 ranked prospects in my blues fandom life, excited for the future!

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Honestly, this is where I go from the “I feel relatively comfortable in my selections” to “roll of the dice”.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Went loof, I think his physicality and skating combined with near NHL readiness gives him a chance to be a regular, even if it’s a bottom pair role, i see a gunnarsson Esque type of guy with some extra physicality. I don’t trust kessel carving out an NHL career on a regular basis.

Others I contemplated but are much further away are Burns, Koromyslov, Vorobyov and Dickinson.

I’ve honestly never been this excited about our #14-20 ranked prospects in my blues fandom life, excited for the future!
This…burns is right there

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Per Kshahdoo on the main boards as to a comparable for Koromyslov: “ If you know a defenseman who can outstickhandle the whole five and skates like... I don't know even who, Malkin probably, then it's him…The kid can move the puck as good as any forward. Great skater and stickhandler, good size, isn't bad defensively but need more consistency. Still pretty young of course.”

Reactions: Memento

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
This one is the toughest for me so far. I don't see much separation in overall impact amongst those who are left.

It's a list including Dickinson, Robertsson, Loof, Burns, Koromyslov, and Kessel. After reviewing footage of each, I'm going with Koromyslov. He doesn't have the highest potential out of those left, but I think he has the best mix of talent, a translatable game, and tools.

Reactions: tfriede2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad