Who is the better Pouliot? Benoit or Marc Antoine

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Benoit Pouliot - 67 games 29 goals 36 assists 65 points 102 PIM Sudbury OHL

Marc Antoine Pouliot - 70 games 45 goals 69 assists 114 points 83 PIM Rimouski QMJHL

Benoit has simmilaraties as 4th overall underachieving Andrew Ladd. MA as a better supporting cast

Who do u think is better and why?

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Id have to say Benoit is better. He seems to have more raw talent than Marc-Antoine. This is coming from a huge fan of Marc-Antoine, Benoit just looks alot smoother in every aspect. Though Marc has a really nice shot Ive come to notice. Both should end up solid prospects.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
MA Pouliot is also older...if you compare pre-draft years so this year for benoit and 2002-03 for MA then its 65 points in 67 games for benoit and 73 points in 65 games for MA (of course that doesn't factor in differences in leagues)...

pre-draft status i'd give a slight edge to benoit, but not much

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Brock said:
What similarities? The fact that they both played one year in the CHL before their draft season? So Did Patrice Bergeron.

First good argument. I'm surprised it wasn't from Vlad The Impaler's mouth... I thought he knew everything.

They're not the same kind of player, but both only had one good year and that's the 'comparision' that was made.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Pouliot is the better Prospect ;)

But seriously, I've never seen Benoit play, Ive seen MA a couple times and he has good vision and a good shot. Needs to work on skating a little more.

CH Wizard

I don't like seeing people using numbers here...........because first of all, Sudbury isn't an offensive team look at this, stats wise there's a huge gap between Pouliot, Chaumont, Stortini, he isn't playing with good linemates either.Marc Antoine is playing with Crosby, really nuff' said.Pouliot had 2 less points then the overager Martynowki...

Rafal Martynowski............................. 68 31 36 67 65
Benoit Pouliot................................ 67 29 36 65 102
Bobby Chaumont................................ 68 31 17 48 43
Zach Stortini................................. 58 13 27 40 186

Let's forget the stats a litte bit... both are different players.Benoit is more dynamic, he's a tremendous skater, has good all around skills.Marc is a complete player, I like his game, his shot is insane....I'd take Benoit Pouliot, no doubt.Can you imaginate Benoit numbers if he'd have played with Crosby???? Benoit has tremendous upside, I atleast know he has more upside then Ladd.:D

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
markov` said:
First good argument. I'm surprised it wasn't from Vlad The Impaler's mouth... I thought he knew everything.

They're not the same kind of player, but both only had one good year and that's the 'comparision' that was made.

First off, Vlad only knows everything becauses he steals it from me!

Sure, that was the comparison that was made. But it doesn't stop it from being a horrible one.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
I have never seen MAP play. Is/has there ever been any discussion on whether this guy is overhyped due to playing with Sid or does he stand well on his own?
Thx

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
I have never seen MAP play. Is/has there ever been any discussion on whether this guy is overhyped due to playing with Sid or does he stand well on his own?

There really wasn't much debate... even before Crosby arrived, Pouliot was performing very, very well. He essentially carried Rimouski on his back after the trade that netted them the 1st overall pick in the Q draft. Last year, the volume from the Crosby-is-zooming-MAP camp racheted up a notch, but it was put down quite solidly this year after MAP produced well from the second line before jumping to the #1 centre spot during the WJC. It was only during the last 25 (?) games of the regular season that MAP actually was on the first line, and his totals of course went up. However, they don't make up a significant enough portion of his production to say that he needed Sidney to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->