Who is the better goal scoring prospect???

Status
Not open for further replies.

nashscores

Sep 16, 2004
Unknown
In a goals only carry over league who would be the better player to take?

Brule
Kopitar
Bourret
Ryan
Pouliot
Skille
Hanzal

Any sleepers I missed?

No I didn't forget Crosby! no chance of getting him.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Brule and it isn't really close. Most of the others are primarily playmakers or have a good combination of the two. Kopitar.

doc5hole

Nov 30, 2003
www.southcoasttoday.com
I you mean the Pouliot who played on Crosby's line with Rimouski and was drafted two years ago by Edmonton 22nd overall, I only saw him play one game. But he seemed like he was always trying to go at warp speed and his eyes-hands weren't good enough to keep up. Players (warning: cliche incoming) that don't stay within themselves tend not to score in the NHL.

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
doc5hole said:
I you mean the Pouliot who played on Crosby's line with Rimouski and was drafted two years ago by Edmonton 22nd overall, I only saw him play one game. But he seemed like he was always trying to go at warp speed and his eyes-hands weren't good enough to keep up. Players (warning: cliche incoming) that don't stay within themselves tend not to score in the NHL.

I think he is talking about Benoit Pouliot, a 2005 eligible.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
I would say Brule and Kopitar are the best of the bunch. Kopitar scored at about a goal per game in the Swedish junior league and he also lit it up at the WJC (Div I Group B) where he scored 10 goals in 5 games for Slovenia. Kopitar is a threat to score every time he is on the ice and he loves to shoot.

One guy that should be on your list is Bergfors. 18 goals in 21 games in Sweden's junior league and 6 goals in 7 games at the U-18. Bergfors loves to shoot, sometimes even when the pass is the better play.

West19

Jul 19, 2004
Blue Bullet said:
I would say Brule and Kopitar are the best of the bunch. Kopitar scored at about a goal per game in the Swedish junior league and he also lit it up at the WJC (Div I Group B) where he scored 10 goals in 5 games for Slovenia. Kopitar is a threat to score every time he is on the ice and he loves to shoot.

One guy that should be on your list is Bergfors. 18 goals in 21 games in Sweden's junior league and 6 goals in 7 games at the U-18. Bergfors loves to shoot, sometimes even when the pass is the better play.

I agree Bergfors should definitly be on the list

1)Brule
2)Kopitar
3)Ryan
4)Bergfors
5)Pouliot

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
surixon said:
Brule and it isn't really close. Most of the others are primarily playmakers or have a good combination of the two. Kopitar.

It isn't really close? I don't know about that. Guys like Pouliot, Kopitar, Ryan, or Skille have just as much of a chance as being a prominent goalscorer at the NHL level as Brule does.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
As far a s Skille goes. He and Kessel did not get along and did not play together. If Skille had played with Mueller, Kessel or Stoa he may get more recoginition as a scorer. He gets Earl next year to show off his skills with. One can only hope he does not pick up the dive.

turnbuckle*

1/ Ryan
2/ Brule

I'll be the first to pick Ryan over Brule, and I also don't think it will be very close.

buckyhockey8

Jun 13, 2005
Madison, WI
MN_Gopher said:
As far a s Skille goes. He and Kessel did not get along and did not play together. If Skille had played with Mueller, Kessel or Stoa he may get more recoginition as a scorer. He gets Earl next year to show off his skills with. One can only hope he does not pick up the dive.

Earl gets dogged all game from time to time he plays it up a little but he has to deal with alot of clutch and grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad