Player Discussion Who is the best passer in the league?

Best passer in the NHL?

• Total voters

oiLowe

Jan 14, 2009
Calgree
It's McD. I love Drai and he has great hands but you guys are crazy if you think he is better than Connor.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Tough question. McDavids IQ is generational and with that comes the best decision making in the League in terms of passing. I would say McDavid more consistently chooses the right pass and right options, so his passing has a higher success rate and I think the stats reflect this.

On the other hand, Leon makes more spectacular passes. His highlight reel passes are unmatched whether it’s a blind seeing eye back hand sauce, or a rip from his own end to send McD on a breakaway. These are impressive passes that McDavid doesn’t really try. But with those highlight reel passes comes more trial and error than McDavid, as Leon is more prone to turnovers than McDavid.

It’s a bit of a coin toss, but I’m going with McD on this. I’ll give Leon the better shot and finishing ability though.

nice take.

I agree Drai makes more risky passes and McD generally safer, but Drai has better vision IMO or at least creativity. As others have implied McD needs the benefit of the rush or his agility to exploit lanes. Leon can dissect you from a standstill… slight exaggeration, he needs a cycle but you get my point…

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Keith . Amazing pass to Kassian . As for the OP Draisaitl . See his all star weekend results . He won it easily .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad