• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
And I'm still waiting for that proof of anti-Leafs conspiracy guys. Several posters made strong claims and then nobody showed any evidence when asked. The offer still stands for you to argue your case though.
its easier to play the victim than to actually prove anything, its whats wrong with the world these days. everyone is a victim and it is someone else's fault

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Guys look, nobody cares about these polls, whenever they're brought up as proof, they are laughed at and aren't considered evidence of anything - and they shouldn't be. But it's not salty to call you guys on your bull**** vote brigading. The other centers (Getzlaf, Barkov, Seguin, Eichel) didn't get threads in their subforums rallying posters to vote for them. The Leafs DEMONSTRABLY did exactly that for Matthews.

Feel free to feel good and pat yourselves on the back for having the #10 voted center on HFBoards. Just know that you guys are the ones that voted him into that spot. I think you all are well aware of what happened in this poll and why Matthews won. And it wasn't because, as an aggregate, HFBoards posters from around the league thought he deserved the spot. He's close, and arguably could be the #10 center in reality. But the poll is questionable at best. That's all. By all means think whatever you want though.

I guess we missed the boat on voting for Getzlaf.

Oh well, I'll still say he's better than Matthews. At least for now. Even if a single poll doesn't agree. He's pretty consistently been underrated in his career, and I don't think we care. It doesn't make him any less awesome.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Guys look, nobody cares about these polls, whenever they're brought up as proof, they are laughed at and aren't considered evidence of anything - and they shouldn't be. But it's not salty to call you guys on your bull**** vote brigading. The other centers (Getzlaf, Barkov, Seguin, Eichel) didn't get threads in their subforums rallying posters to vote for them. The Leafs DEMONSTRABLY did exactly that for Matthews.

Feel free to feel good and pat yourselves on the back for having the #10 voted center on HFBoards. Just know that you guys are the ones that voted him into that spot. I think you all are well aware of what happened in this poll and why Matthews won. And it wasn't because, as an aggregate, HFBoards posters from around the league thought he deserved the spot. He's close, and arguably could be the #10 center in reality. But the poll is questionable at best. That's all. By all means think whatever you want though.
If other people wanted they could have easily posted links to the poll on the team boards of the other players involved. It just so happened the Leafs fans were smart enough to think of doing it first.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
If other people wanted they could have easily posted links to the poll on the team boards of the other players involved. It just so happened the Leafs fans were smart enough to think of doing it first.

Ugh, that's not smart.

Consider this: He won by 8 votes. Despite what you may think about Anaheim's fan base, there are certainly more than 8 people there.

They just didn't lower themselves to that.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Ugh, that's not smart.

Consider this: He won by 8 votes. Despite what you may think about Anaheim's fan base, there are certainly more than 8 people there.

They just didn't lower themselves to that.
Be that as it may and despite others saying they would have voted for Matthews on the 11th time the question was asked which is easy to say now, you don't think there were others who didn't vote for Matthews because of Leafs hate or out of anti bias?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Be that as it may and despite others saying they would have voted for Matthews on the 11th time the question was asked which is easy to say now, you don't think there were others who didn't vote for Matthews because of Leafs hate or out of anti bias?

It's entirely possible they did, but if that were the case, it seems like you just justified why they should do so.

Here's the thing: No one is going to suddenly think Matthews is a top 10 center because of this poll. If people think Getzlaf was better, they will continue to think that. The only thing this really accomplished was to show other fans that you need to shove Matthews down their throat, whether or not it's deserved or not.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It's entirely possible they did, but if that were the case, it seems like you just justified why they should do so.

Here's the thing: No one is going to suddenly think Matthews is a top 10 center because of this poll. If people think Getzlaf was better, they will continue to think that. The only thing this really accomplished was to show other fans that you need to shove Matthews down their throat, whether or not it's deserved or not.
It's one thing if other Leafs fans are shoving Matthews down other peoples throats. It's another thing when they talk about him being dominated by the Bruins and Bergeron which he was, however when he has a bounce back game against Anaheim we are now told by @The Winter Soldier it was because Ryan Miller sucked. That's why there is no winning no matter what Matthews does.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
He probably will, and your disdain will be delightful
I like the kid actually. Really touched my heart watching his parents during his 1st game and I love his fighting spirit. If he earns it in my eyes, I'd be happy to vote him top-5.

Not looking like it so far this season. 41st in points per game, lol.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It's one thing if other Leafs fans are shoving Matthews down other peoples throats. It's another thing when they talk about him being dominated by the Bruins and Bergeron which he was, however when he has a bounce back game against Anaheim we are now told by @The Winter Soldier it was because Ryan Miller sucked. That's why there is no winning no matter what Matthews does.
Keep misrepresenting what I said bud. It's not going to help your case in the end. You are trying way too hard to over sell Matthews here that it comes out in all your posts. You said Matthews was better than Getzlaf after conceding you understood what head to head meant, and indeed this was the case when Getzlaf's line scored 3 goals 5 v 5 on the night while being +3, while his lone minus came on an empty netter. . Matthews did not dominate Getzlaf as was widely inaccurately posted by Leafs posters. You then went on to declare Matthews was just better, I would assume you meant the +5 and 1 extra 2nd assist into an empty net. Where I did comment Andersen was better on the night. Which basically meant Miller was awful. And this was the truth to anyone that watched the game.

For the record, I did say both Getzlaf and Matthews were good this game. But apparently this is not good enough for some.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Shows how much depth and talent there is when only one of Getzlaf, Seguin, Backstrom, Barkov and Matthews - are considered top 10 centres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->