Who is the 10th Best Centre?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
No worries. I have no problem agreeing with you there.

We're completely justified having Matthews as a top-10 C, you guys just seem really bitter about it.

I don't think having Matthews as the 10th best center is out landish at all. I had him at #11.

I just think the way in which he won this poll was a bit sad.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Do you REALLY need this explained AGAIN? I guess you do, don't you, because yet again you got this simple concept 100% wrong.

OK here it is... Yet AGAIN... Last chance: I won't explain the simplest of concepts over and over. Either you get it on your own power or you won't. Try to get up to speed, will ya?

Saying player X hasn't yet done Y is NOT saying/implying/inferring in any darn way, darn shape, or darn form, that player X will or will not be able to achieve Y in the future. It has absolutely nothing to do with any future scenario.

Saying player X hasn't yet done Y is a descriptor of the performance said player has had. It's a snapshot of performance already achieved (or not) by a player.

Matthews is not a ppg player, nor has ever been. 0.84 ppg over the 16-17 season does NOT qualify. So far, 0.93 over the 17-18 doesn't qualify either. So. No. Matthews. Is. Not. A. Ppg. Player.
In the future, all bets are open.

Oh I understand you. I said he might just settle in as a ppg player, I never said he was one. You are the one who felt the need to make the irrelevant contribution. I was talking about the future, not the past, not the present. Why you feel the need to explain these things when you are the one not following is amusing but very unneeded.

I will simplify...

"May just settle in as a point a player 40 goal centre" does not mean "is a point a game player."

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Those experts are the hockey equivalent of celebrities. In reality, they're just as stupid as we are.

But if you want evidence, just take a gander at the NHL's love affair with Jonathan Toews. Hell, their top-20 center list was somehow worse than this one.
it depends on the expert I guess

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Point is, it's over now. Done. Over. Gone.
And people like you are still *****ing about it like it's a big deal in your life. Move on.
I'm not bitching about it. I don't give a shit. I'd still suggest putting that question to your own fanbase but to be blunt, there's a debate still going on that unsurprisingly has nothing to do with the poll. That's why I'm here. Not because of a politically-skewed and poorly run list on a site with a pretty moronic community.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Point is, it's over now. Done. Over. Gone.
And people like you are still *****ing about it like it's a big deal in your life. Move on.
The list itself is pretty unimportant to me. I couldn't care less if Matthews was #10 or #8. Personally I'd put him at 12ish, so not far away.

It's the blatant poll manipulation that bothers me. It's slimy.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Nah it lost credibility when you guys started vote brigading in your subforum.

I'm fairly new so I don't think I'm given permission to vote on polls. I don't know how it works exactly but there is nothing clickable when i view it. We don't need validation from a forum board about where our franchise C is ranked. He's doing great in a Leafs uniform and we're very happy with him. Eventually, the facts will be undeniable and you willl HAVE to rank him without any votes from LEAFS fans. That'll be a great day.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I don't think having Matthews as the 10th best center is out landish at all. I had him at #11.

I just think the way in which he won this poll was a bit sad.

What's even more sad is how riled up people are over a main board poll. Leafs players get enough crap on here, the anti-Leafs crowd gets a taste of their own medicine and throw a massive hissy fit :laugh:

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
The guy didn't know what head-to-head meant...

I think it's time to stop taking his posts seriously

Oh I know this "client". In the GDT thread on the main boards the day that they played the Bruins and got dominated, he had even more outrageous stuff, got owned by everyone in the thread (fans of all teams... I think even some Leafs fans, if I remember) and then proceeded to post in the Leafs boards that Bruins fans had been mean to him there... I repeat, mean to him...

Reactions: Snippit

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I understand what head to head is.

I just think you can not say Getzlaf had a better game when Matthews clearly had better numbers. Who cares that their lines did not play against each other. If anything that's another example of you trying to diminish what Matthews did coming off a bad night in Boston.
Then you would agree then Matthews did not dominate Getzlaf head to head as was unfactually posted by the Lrafs poster earlier on in the thread.

I rest my case your honor.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I'm fairly new so I don't think I'm given permission to vote on polls. I don't know how it works exactly but there is nothing clickable when i view it. We don't need validation from a forum board about where our franchise C is ranked. He's doing great in a Leafs uniform and we're very happy with him. Eventually, the facts will be undeniable and you willl HAVE to rank him without any votes from LEAFS fans. That'll be a great day.
Obviously your forum mates felt differently when they started urging people to go vote him to victory. Do you need me to link you to where that happened? Multiple times?

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
What's even more sad is how riled up people are over a main board poll. Leafs players get enough crap on here, the anti-Leafs crowd gets a taste of their own medicine and throw a massive hissy fit :laugh:
We can look at the other polls on here involving Leafs players that they always seem to lose. Yet non Leafs are upset at this even though there is bias against them in every other poll question.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Obviously your forum mates felt differently when they started urging people to go vote him to victory. Do you need me to link you to where that happened? Multiple times?

I've seen it. Personally I didn't have an issue with it but I am new here. He's in the list of names to pick, the poll is in the NHL forum, why can't Leafs fans vote? Are there rules on how the voting works? I know there are thousands and thousands of us, does that make it unfair? It's not our fault we have a global fan base.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
If it's so clear, provide some evidence like I requested earlier. Or are you incapable of producing any proof of your conspiracy theory?
You must be new here.

If anyone's got those polls from the 2015 summer where Kessel won and lost the same poll against Hossa (might be lost in history), please post them. Literally the only thing that changed was the jersey he wears.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If it's so clear, provide some evidence like I requested earlier. Or are you incapable of producing any proof of your conspiracy theory?
Just look at the majority of poll questions where a Leafs player is involved. They seem to always lose them no matter what and we don't post on their board for their player to win it. It happens one time and everyone is upset.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
Like it or not there is nothing against posting the link somewhere else for others to vote.

years ago an avs fans posted a link in our thread to get duchene voted over hall in a poll. mods stepped in and advised that it was not allowed as it was not a fair distribution of the statistics and a revote was done in which hall won.

this isnt the first time this has happened, and it wont be the last

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I voted for Getzlaf but there's reasons to vote for multiple centers here, they've all got their reasons or merits.
Stop crying over this poll. I know some of you are always deeply offended when it comes to the Leafs (After all these years) so it must be hard for you but please, stop taking a poll on HF about the #10th position for a center so seriously.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
You must be new here.

If anyone's got those polls from the 2015 summer where Kessel won and lost the same poll against Hossa (might be lost in history), please post them. Literally the only thing that changed was the jersey he wears.

Then please, by all means, compile a compelling argument based around said polls. The burden of proof is on you guys, not me. I provided plenty of proof in my argument about the vote brigading.

And funny you said that "new here" comment, considering your account was created just a few months ago. Did you get banned or something?

ImpartialNHLfan

Oct 26, 2011
Parts Unknown
Wow, Matthews winning has the potential to break the internet lol. I have him ranked somewhere between 7 and 15th, there are a number of centers that can slot in at that range and I wouldn't bat an eye. Anyways I hope poll 11 shows up soon and it doesn't stop here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->