Who is next years Trevor Lewis, Nodl, Lavalle?

X-SHARKIE

Every year there are a few prospects who didn't get selected in their first respective draft years, that break out the next year and get drafted much higher than a team could've had them for a year earlier.

So, looking ahead at the 2007 draft, who do you guys expect to have break out years that were past up this year in the draft?

WHose the next Trevor Lewis, Andreas Nodl, Jordan Lavalle, Mason Raymond? ect. ect.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Alec Richards comes to mind, although I don't know how much notice he'll get at Yale, don't know if he wil breakout, but I have liked what I've seen from him and think he will be one of the better goalies in the ECAC.

Michael Dubuc or Maxim Noreau, I don't expect to breakout, but I could see them having a really good year. Maybe Eric Castonguay can have a big year depending on what line he plays on and who his linemates are (I'm assuming Mathieu Aubin is not back but if he plays with Cliche)

I don't expect any of these players to breakout and be hot topics for the '07 draft, but perhaps they will get drafted next year if all goes well for them. I was hoping the Habs would take a shot on Noreau.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
Alec Richards comes to mind, although I don't know how much notice he'll get at Yale, don't know if he wil breakout, but I have liked what I've seen from him and think he will be one of the better goalies in the ECAC.

Michael Dubuc or Maxim Noreau, I don't expect to breakout, but I could see them having a really good year. Maybe Eric Castonguay can have a big year depending on what line he plays on and who his linemates are (I'm assuming Mathieu Aubin is not back but if he plays with Cliche)

I don't expect any of these players to breakout and be hot topics for the '07 draft, but perhaps they will get drafted next year if all goes well for them. I was hoping the Habs would take a shot on Noreau.

Noreau comes from a pretty nice GROUP of D that played Midget AAA for LSL Lions.

If he goes any where I hope it's not to the Habs. :)

Last edited:

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site

I think he'll get quite a bit of notice. There seemed to be alot of interest in Meckler prior to the draft, especially from the Kings since they drafted him. Also, Keith Allain, who just finished his stint with STL is now the new bench boss at Yale after Tim Taylor's unceremonious "reassignment".

Now how well Alec will do is anyone's guess. I agree with you that he's been terrific, but it remains to be seen how much better he'll be this season. (At least the Elis will be a bit older this year).

Another name I'll throw out there is Brian Gibbons. He's a BC recruit that won't be arriving at Chestnut Hill until next fall but I've read alot of good things on him. He's a Salisbury (NE prep school) kid who has also played for the U-17 team.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Matt Dias of the Sudbury Wolves may have a break out year and get noticed. The only thing holding him back last year was his skating (not that it was that bad). Apparantly he has made improvements and will more than likely put up some points.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Pokulok was skipped over his first year too. Quite the jump.

funktasticblues93

Jun 3, 2006
st. louis mo.
charlie effinger.. he split time with zatcoff, at miami of ohio, posted better save percentage, and goals against average. if he's not drafted he'll be a nice free agent pick up.

Big Daddy

Dec 16, 2005
Jason Reese from the Vancouver Giants. Battled inconsistency in his first year of Juniors and was injured a couple of times last year but he showed signs of good play between his injuries. Has great on ice vision, play making abilities, and a scoring touch. He needs to work on his foot speed, conditioning, and first stride.

colman

Jul 7, 2006
Every year there are a few prospects who didn't get selected in their first respective draft years, that break out the next year and get drafted much higher than a team could've had them for a year earlier.

So, looking ahead at the 2007 draft, who do you guys expect to have break out years that were past up this year in the draft?

WHose the next Trevor Lewis, Andreas Nodl, Jordan Lavalle, Mason Raymond? ect. ect.

Vladi Nikiforov and James Marcou should be top sc orers in there leagues next season

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
Kevin Armstrong of Spokane should hopefully return to the form of early last season and the last 5 games he played. After his trade to Spokane, his confidence seemed to drop a bit but he gained it again towards the end of the season.

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
Kevin Armstrong of Spokane should hopefully return to the form of early last season and the last 5 games he played. After his trade to Spokane, his confidence seemed to drop a bit but he gained it again towards the end of the season.

Wasn't he in the top 5 North American Goalies rankings at the start of last season?

X-SHARKIE

Shean Dolan - played for Cedar Rapids last year, now will play with the Chicago Steel could IMO. He seems to have all the talent to become a force as a powerforward but he never put it together... This year he has a shot.

I could see Andy Dittus get a look, he was awesome at the Chicago Showcase for North Dakota, and probally went under the radar because of where he was playing...now in the USHL he could have a coming out party.

Nick Canzanello - highly skilled puck moving defenseman from Minnesota now will play for Minnesota State this fall....should get a long look.

How about Tysen Dowzek? I know he's a bit "old NHL" but I still love his upside as a physical defenseman.

Faute

Jun 17, 2006
Noreau broke out big time last year. Having watched him in 2004-2005 and then in 2005-2006, there was a world of difference. He simply should have been drafted in 2006, there's no doubt in my mind. He reminds me a little bit of Marc-Edouard Vlasic. He's not as good defensively (Vlasic is just too good), but he has more of a mean streak and a bigger shot.

Anyway, it just goes to prove that smaller market teams not having a good year are underscouted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad