Proposal: Who is next years Davidson?

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
so a few people on here were pegging davidson to make the jump to the hl last offseason.

of course they were right and he probably surpassed their expectations when he looked like a top4 defender for a decent stretch of games.

anyway who will be the next ahl graduate?

Edit; assumed Oesterle graduated.

Last edited:

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
so a few people on here were pegging davidson to make the jump to the hl last offseason.

of course they were right and he probably surpassed their expectations when he looked like a top4 defender for a decent stretch of games.

anyway who will be the next ahl graduate?

Khaira. I was pretty impressed with his showing last year.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
I'll go with Slepy, or Oesterle. I feel like it's getting pretty close to make-it or break-it time for both. Darkhorse shout out to Simpson.

Last edited:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Slepzky made the team out of camp last season. Should be one of the main callups when a winger goes down. Already 5 seasons of pro under his belt.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
None of the above. I'm expecting this to be the first season we don't have gaping holes on our defense that our AHL players get forced into. We should theoretically have 7 NHL-caliber defenceman and Reinhart in the waiting

I don't think any of our forwards are NHL ready either. Maybe Slepyshev gets called up halfway through the season. It sounds like Yakimov will be going back to Russia.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I think Simpson could be the guy this year.

Pitlick too... I hope. He just had a kid, maybe it motivates him... Or maybe he can sacrifice the kid to the hockey gods in exchange for some god damn health.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Kharia's the easy choice but i alwys felt Dillon Simpson was a sleeper like Davidson. Similar style of game.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Khaira.

I think he could bring a lot to our 4th line. Very good skater for a big man.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Oesterle if he counts. Davidson took a massive step last year and Oesterle was playing huge minutes to end the year.

Can you believe Jordan Oesterle was playing some 27+ minute games in the NHL? He looked like he was starting to figure it out. I think we may need to put Sekera on the right side to keep Oesterle around. To start the season:

Davidson-Karlsson
Klefbom-Sekera
Oesterle-Fayne

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
If Pitlick can stay healthy, you gotta think he should be able to stick on the 4th line. I wonder if there is hope for Moroz to take a step forward this year. He strikes me as a type of player who might have more success in the NHL an in the AHL, though it might take him a few more years.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Oesterle if he counts. Davidson took a massive step last year and Oesterle was playing huge minutes to end the year.

Can you believe Jordan Oesterle was playing some 27+ minute games in the NHL? He looked like he was starting to figure it out. I think we may need to put Sekera on the right side to keep Oesterle around. To start the season:

Davidson-Karlsson
Klefbom-Sekera
Oesterle-Fayne

Oesterle looked very good at the end of the year. Reminded me of a poor man's Duncan Keith. Undersized, but quick thinker who can move the puck out of his zone fast.

He struggled at times against a heavy forecheck, but I think with more experience and adding a bit more muscle he'll be a mainstay on the bottom pairing. Could see him getting some PP time as well.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm gonna guess that one of Caggiula, Khaira or Slepyshev either makes this team out of camp or pushes their way on as a full time player by the midway mark of the season.

Aug 10, 2015

Davidson-Karlsson
Klefbom-Sekera
Oesterle-Fayne

Are you sure you didn't mean Larsson there or do you know something we don't? :D

Shredator

Oct 6, 2009
Edmonton
I voted for Brossoit

If that happens the Oilers will be in a good spot with 2 legit goalies. I hope LB finds his game and becomes a reliable NHL goalie.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I think Khaira has the best shot to outplay Letestu than any other guy on that list has a chance to outplay the guys they would need to to stick in the big leagues.

Did that make any sense? Probably not, but whatever. :laugh:

Eberle Is Edmonton13

Mar 11, 2012
I think Khaira has the best shot to outplay Letestu than any other guy on that list has a chance to outplay the guys they would need to to stick in the big leagues.

Did that make any sense? Probably not, but whatever. :laugh:

That made sense to me haha, and was exactly what I was thinking. I think Simpson could have a good year but I am hoping that the depth on defence is enough to keep him in Bakersfield. I Would like for Pitlick to have an injury free year and see what he can do.

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
Thats an ugly list of prospects. The only guy there with real NHL potential is Brossoit.

Davidson was a much better AHL player than the others have shown.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Khaira for me. Big fan of his size, skating, and hockey sense. Hoping for a Brodziak career out of him.

Brossoit will flop badly and be shipped out next offseason. Can't control rebounds.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
Thats an ugly list of prospects. The only guy there with real NHL potential is Brossoit.

Davidson was a much better AHL player than the others have shown.

Leleggia had a decent full year of Pro. 27pts in 63games +3 for a undersized Dman isn't to bad. Tied Khaira in points.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I kind of like the idea of Laleggia showing something in camp. He's an offensive defenseman who is only a couple months younger than Davidson. He has an accomplished university career behind him, and put up a good season with Bakersfield. He was behind Hunt in the depth chart, who is an AHL veteran at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->